G27 - Remove deadzone GT5 - Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 3, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ps: Sorry for the misleading title!
    Hi guy's, I have found this guide in GtPlanet and I tried it with rf2 and I have to say that it works!
    From the original thread from GTP:
    I tried it and the ffb feel in the center is changed a lot! try it and let me know what do you think!

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Had a quick try and couldn't improve my deadzone. It looks like they may be presets for rotation and/or sensitivity. T seems to set rotation at 180 degrees. With O it is closer but still not right.

Need to do some more testing. btw i'm using G25

Button '1' is assigned within Rfactor to Reset FFB if you use the g2x profiles. The bump you feel may be from that.

Interesting functions that I have never seen mentioned. I wonder if there are any more.

3. Magzire

Magzire Registered

interesting find

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I set my G27 back to default settings and tried this but unfortunately it did not affect my deadzone. It did change the rotation so that the in-game wheel no longer matched my actual wheel. Thanks for posting it, it is always interesting to find secret key combinations.

I have found a way to reduce the deadzone. I set the "overall effects strength" to 120% in the logitech profiler (in the specific game settings for the rfactor 2 profile). In game I set the car-specific force feedback multiplier down to about 0.6 - 0.75 for each car I drive. I hope that this will not cause clipping.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
  5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

6. exiled

exiled Registered

Looks like the post has been altered at gtplanet, i remembered seeing this thread popup on a twitter notification so thought i would come have a look as the FFB deadzone on my G27 and previous G25 is something that has always bugged me but it does seem these button shortcuts are for changing the Degrees of the wheel probably not much use for PC sim racers as we can just use logi profiler but could see it being handy for PS3 games like GT5.

As you can see in the quote box they have altered what the buttons do and any reference to Deadzone has had a Strikethrough code added to it.

Either way this is kinda handy what you have found as this will come in handy for me on my PS3 racers and maybe even some pc racing games that dont work so well with 900° :)