Fun Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dany Mitchel, Apr 25, 2012.

?

What Class Would you like to Race

1. 1960

58 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. GT

25 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Megane

20 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. FR3.5

13 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

@D1Racer 20:00 or 8pm = night
    Just for you information A.R.I will never hold an event where practice is before I get up in the Morning!

2. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

I`m looking forward for the race. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

@F1 2004 I hope more players join than have said they are going to race as i think there is only 4 or 5 drivers a bit of a bad show really but we will make do.

4. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I had this happen once at the start of a quali session that was closed so if I left I would not of got back in to the server so I just unplugged my wheel and waited for the Disconnect sound the plugged it back in after it had calibrated it self it actually felt better that it did before hope this helps

5. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

OK so people are still not getting it

YOU CAN ONLY PICK AN F2 CAR ANY OTHER CAR WILL GET YOU KICKED FROM THE SERVER SO IF YOU CHOOSE A
    F1 OR F3 YOU WILL BE KICKED
    Jean Paul Poignand the car you chose this morning was either
    F1 or F3 this is why you was kicked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accretion Racing International Presents a fun race at Spa1960

Server Live timing
    http://www.sr4l.com/

Name of server: ARI 1960's F2 Only
    Server Password: sr4l

F2 cars (You Must Select an F2 or you will be removed from the Server Due to Car filters)

All times are GMT
    Open practice until 19:20 GMT
    Qualifying 19:25 GMT
    Warm up 19:55
    Race 20:00
    60 minute race

*Maximum of 30 Drivers. Qualifying will be closed session.
    *No chatting during Qual or Race.
    *Teamspeak Server will be open. Address: 176.28.41.189 password sr4l ----no port number required as it is default for TS3
    *Dany Mitchelwill Marshall for the event.

Race Conditions.
    Fuel normal to be announced.
    Tyre wear normal
    Time Scale normal
    Damage to be announced.

Please note:
    you will not be able to join after practice so be in the server for the end of the practice session or you will not be racing this is a server setting not an admin
    Administrators Dany Mitchel and Bryan Ferguson.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Do we have to book beforehand or we just get in with password?
    Would like to know damage settings percentage too.

thnx, nikos

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Id like to join, is it short notice?
    ( I found percentage, too high imo, Ill be there if I can get in, cannot post at your link, dont know how, hope somebody helps me with fuel stops so ill be there at practise asap)
    (Spreading the word around too, hope this helps).

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Hi nikos, no probs to race. First 26 to 30 in the room will race.
    Use the password in the info above: sr4l (all lower case letters)

Damage will be around 40%, it's gives guys a chance to staying even in a big hit.

Not sure about 60minute race. We're looking at 3x20 minute sprint races to make sure everyone get's a good run in.

Fuel will be x? to force at least one stop.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

im in. See you.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

just completed (ahem) the race, had a fantastic time this Sunday evening and I would really like to thank all hosts for their warm hospitality and all participants for helpfull, friendly and clean race.
    (I also appologize for my slow-motion racing and my ignorrance about...pitstops)

All the best, nikos

1 person likes this.
  11. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Big thank you to those who joined for last nights Event. A lot of fun had and got to meet some more eager Simmers. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
    Bryan Ferguson ARI

1 person likes this.
  12. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Congratulations to the team that ran this event. Their enthusiasm will take them to the top.

I participated but got wiped out twice at Eau Rouge by people that forgot where the brake pedal was but the last race was nice until one of the solid straw bales eneded my hopes.

ISI you must remedy the straw bale issue, it's like hitting a concrete block!

1 person likes this.
  13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It was great fun, see you at the next one. Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi as Promised I have the replays here from the races we ran last night

I would like to thanks everyone that Voted in our poll over the past 2 weeks this race was our 1st event as A.R.I so we are still on a massive learning curve for example GMT and BST to me GMT is what ever time it is in the UK but the rest of the world uses something called British Summer Time that is GMT +1 Who knew lol any way I now know about it as well so on our next event the time will reflect a time that everyone understands sorry for my mistake and any mix-up this may have caused.

we tested pits stops and flue usage in all 3 races after race 1 other drivers was not as keen on the idea as I was due to overlapping pitstops this is something ISI needs to look into
    I did how ever work out the the pit stop is called at the start of a lap so by the time you get around Spa to the pit again they have been and gone back in meaning your pit marker was not visible, How to fix this is to cancel the pit request when it pops up and then recall the pit request 500m from the last corner pit marker was visible every time I passed the pit after that(I was calling my pit crew out every lap as a test)

Race 1
    Link to replay:http://www.mediafire.com/?5lyu5c9naasx99v

1st off I would like to say sorry for parking my car in the 1st corner I had pulled of the track to marshall and film but it had rolled back on to track with out my knowlage I only fond out from Mike_P cars as he passed My car I was "Who The Hell Has Left thier car parked there" OOOPS!!!! School Boy Error
    now

the race was amazing right up to the point where the pit stops made David C pit in a box already being used by another Driver Unlucky David
    Mike_P had a flawless pit and took the race Congrats Mike

Race 2 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ee5eejec67lhxln

After a 5 min break we ran race 2 Driver pleaded not to run Pitstops but as a test night we need to know if this pit sharing was a 1 off or a bug race 2 started and this time I raced, I Did not race race 1 which put me in last place as I was 1st out of last race as I was filming comming in to the 1st corner I had a mili second peak in my rear view but I must of did this at the exact same time
    Bryan Ferguson ARI broke for the corner because when I looked forwards again all I could see was a Engine and Gearbox this in turn caused me to brake very, very, very, very, hard and I knew at that the images flashing before my eyes was indeed my life story , I clipped Bryan Ferguson ARI sending him all over the track "Well Held Bryan" due to my Extreme rate of braking it did not leave any room for error for the drivers I had Passed off the start line needless to say we all came together in the same space at the same time I was then out Of race 2 again in the 1 corner
    Andy_R and Mike_P had an amazing race but again Mike_P pipped it at the Post to Win Race 2 with And_R so close behind him it must of been under 1/2 second Well Done Andy_R for nursing that car to the pit in the 1 stint on race 2 that gose to show you Zero to Hero because you made an effort and did not quite out.
    Bad Luck To Bryan who had to pit for repairs witch put him out of contention.

Race 3 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?auji4cc9acf6ygu

Ok this was a final event of the evening and I was again at the back as I was the 1st out of the previous race, I wanted to race so I made a decision not to go mad until I passed the 1st corner and what a dam good decision that turned out to be the lights went green and I sat there until all cars was at least 150m down the track as I pulled away I noticed yet again a massive pile up in the 1st corner by the time I reached them they was all pulling back on to the track or just getting their cars facing in the right Direction
    After some really bad rubber necking on my way passed I found My Self In 1st place, David C then drover like a Demon and by the 1 corner of lap 3 David C was right behind me a hay bail just sticking out from the wall clipped my front left and sent me in to a spin I got my self facing in the right Direction and continued the push after the Pit stops David and Myself was close but not close enough
    Kudos David C

I will be making a movie with some of the footage I captured last night and I will add a link here on the bottom of the thread once completed I have a few things to sort but ill try to get it done this week ready for the weekend

I would especially like to that Andy R and Dave Taylor who made the extra effort and came in to our TS3 server for a chat
    do not forget we hold and open door all welcome you just need to the password and that is listed in the 1st post of this thread
    Due to the amount of fun had by all last night we feel our next event will follow the same race settings
    3 x 20 min races rather than 1 x 60 mins the Drink and fag break in between was needed and allowed us as hosts to fine tweak the server settings by race 3 I feel we had it nailed.

please remember that we run rFactor and rFactor2 server both servers have a live timing set up on the here is a link
    http://www.sr4l.com come over and sign up or just take a look
    Many thanks from us all at A.R.I and we hope to see you again in future events please keep your eyes open
    and sorry for any mistakes made on our End we are trying to iron out any problems and supply a good racing environment I also apologise If I got your names wrong legit mistake.

PS: We Had 3,645 views of this tread that means 3,635 people missed the best rFactor2 race on the 6th may 2012 because they failed to sign up to this event Next time guys

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  15. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I was on holiday last week. will there be a new race soon?

1 person likes this.
  16. robk24

robk24 Registered

bugger only noticed this event now, was away for the last week..

will keep an eye out for the next event.... soon i hope....

1 person likes this.
  17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

This event was very exciting and fun, thanks a lot! Looking forward for next one.

1 person likes this.
  18. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

+1

I hope next time coming more people.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You were in there F1 2004? Why didnt you tell us.

1 person likes this.
  20. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Yes I was there.

Cheers,
    Marcel Gerber