Full re-install while keeping settings etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smithaz, Mar 23, 2013.

1. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I am wanting to do a full re-install at some point, I am hoping it may stem the constant crashes and component load errors when switching tracks recently.
    But I also want to keep all my settings etc. and little changes I have made to .ini's and .plr's. I am wanting to know, what files should I keep and what I should re-edit again myself. I don't want to just paste the entire userdata folder over the new one and potentially mess up the fresh install.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Keep/save only 3 folders, package folder that contains all the mods, controller folder that contains your wheel, button box....setting and player foldere that contain all yours cars setups!
    Then disinstall rF2 and delete manualy all the others folders and files in Document and programms! then reboot your pc and make a new and fresh game install!

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Thanks man, I don't want to do it and miss some crucial files, but I am lazy and don't want it to be too much hassle, I can just about manage to change a plr file manually after re-install.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you format, also save the .rFactor folder from the appdata/roaming folder also. This will save you using an activation afterwards.

5. coops

coops Banned

Tim that's helpful tyvm.