Freezing during AI race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ludo21, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello, I like to play against AIs. But since switching to the new UI, there are freezes during my games. It's getting tiring, to put it mildly. The AIs are running, but the times are frozen. And impossible to move on to the next session ...! Is it because I am using exterior skins? I would like to be able to race against AI again. I don't care about On-line parts ....! The new UI only gives me problems since you forced us to use it ...! Thanks in advance for a solution ...

2. J0E

J0E Registered

You can still use the old interface by going to the beta section in Steam and selecting it. I find the new one really clumsy, probably because I haven't gotten used to it. I went back to the old interface last night because of VR issues. Every time I start the game in WMR, the world shifts with my body. If I lean left, the whole world leans left. If I just "live with it," after about 20 minutes or so (really sporadic on the time, though), suddenly the headset will flash and I will be elevated above the car just like when first getting into the car in the garage. Once I recenter VR, it will be fine for the rest of the evening. This used to happen occasionally on the old interface; now it is every time. Imagine being in a qualifying session mid-lap when you get that god-view above the car.

3. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Okay, Sorry for you and the VR ... Indeed, I know the way, past the old interface. I find it just a shame to go back to the old way. There are positive points in the news, such as setting the number of qualifiers and races. S397 should have waited before releasing this UI ....

4. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Obviously as I already said on this forum, it would come from the exterior skins ...

5. PhilT

PhilT Registered

6. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Yes thank you, I had already read ... I don't have these Plugins ... So .... I'll do a full reinstall I think .... But that drives me crazy, because before the arrival of the new Ui, my RF2 was working perfectly ...

7. PhilT

PhilT Registered

I've not used the old UI as only just bought rF2 but so far the new UI is working well for me. However, I did get a strange lock up today (few seconds then everything was fine again except I'd run out of fuel seemingly) but it could possibly have been my overheating laptop (still waiting for bits for my full rig).

From what I've read elsewhere though they are working on these issues and seem like they're pumping out fixes fairly quickly so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets fixed fairly soon.

Hope the reinstall goes well.