Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+ 1

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I am not sure if its track or vehicle related however the AI clipped a low profile curb at Indy and barrel-rolled.. This would never happen in the real world.

View attachment 12972

3. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

I think there is a general rF2 problem (not mod-related) with the grip provided when on 2 wheels (on the sidewall of the tyre)

OR

The center of gravity is waaaay to high and because of that cars are rolling to easy.

What do you guys think?

4. Domi

Domi Registered

Tire grip and CoG are farily accurate in all ISI cars. AI cars don't run same physics as user player, they are more simplistic and probably that's the reason of why they have such problems, even in rF1 I remember seeing similar problems in certain cars.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Domi is correct below, for AI. Happens to humans either with a high COG or the contact patch most often. If this happens to you as a human, let me know, if it's AI, we need AI work, not physics.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Caught an error on the steering wheel where the speed and a couple more items are displayed in a font far too large for their box.

View attachment 13116

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

8. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I've never seen that myself but are you running some sort of plugin that could be causing that? Because I've never seen the yellow flag in the middle of the screen either.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The flag was enabled on .plr, the only plugin is the pedals overlay.

10. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gysbers View Post
    Why not include ISI content in the build. Like every other game.
    So there is no mismatch if you properly install or update the build.

I know, not every game has to.

But the strongest part of rF2 should be the rfmod and setting up a server. A client should just log into the server and download the mod file and the missing content. Nice and easy.:cool:

Get mod file isn't working properly. Some have no problem to get the mod, some have to try again and again. And after a lot of testing i discovered: if it's not working the first time.
    You'll have to close rF2 and wait like 5-10 min and try again. Same thing happens if you type in a wrong password once. You just can't enter the server with the correct password. You have to close rF2 and wait a few minutes.

A lot of server create there rfmod files wrong. missing sound, missing AI talent.

There are some conflicts with ISI content to create a rfmod file: I get a message "mas file with the same name."
    F3.5 2014 and 2012
    ISI SLS safety car and vette
    karts, interceptor and Remote Controle "cars".

That's why i think it should be better to embed rF2 content in the build and the build updates. So there are no mismatches if your build is up to date.
    Just create a rfmod file with the cars and tracks you want and launch the server. No more searching for the correct sound file and AI talent.

And if it's a rfmod file with the default rfm file and default ISI content: The file is like 700kb!!! why not treat it like temp file.
    So the client don't have to manually uninstall and delete all these rfmod files if there is a content update. Or having other mismatches created by the "bad" rfmod files.

All these things are more common than an exception. And it's not good for people who just bought a copy of rF2 who obviously don't understand the packaging system.
    It should be more idiot prove. And embedding the content into the build/updates could help a lot.

Anyway, implementing the sound in the .veh file is a small step in the right direction.

See you at the race track. :p

and another thing:
    Get missing content is not working for some 3rd party content. (i know this is out of your hands) But it would make things a bit more easy if they did.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  11. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I see the same strange thing like on second picture, is there a solution? The Rearview cull setting doesn't solve it for me...

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Heat haze I think

13. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Strangly i have the same thing (double) on the GTR. That was definitly fine before. Just tested the Civic and the Indycar, they are both fine. All i have done is installing the Indycar and FR35. What should the setting for heat haze look like? I am pretty sure i never touched any of the settings though... Can't make a screenshot, sadly.

14. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Ok, the problem is that i used a combination of multisampling and supersampling. I switched to rF2's AA level 8, and the problem is gone. However, image quality has suffered quiet a bit..

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Depending on settings, these heat haze bubbles will even show-up in the main/front view. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update. Been talked about on here for a year and a half or so.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, usually when the settings being used are outside supported parameters and have been tweaked in a way we don't support. That's why they exist. If you're getting them with standard nV options rather than deeper tweaking, please reply to let me know again. Thanks.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If standard nV options looked decent, no one would bother fiddling with special tweakers and settings. It's because of the long-standing jaggies/AA/transparency issues with rF1 and rF2 that we have to resort to special settings to get rF2 to look comparable to other sims from other developers. I own just about every racing sim ever produced and it's only ISI-based sims that need special settings to look good. I installed and use NVidia Inspector solely for this purpose. rF1 is now so old that I can use full supersampling on it, but that would result in too-poor frame rates for rF2.

rF2 looks very nice with the settings I use--better by far than any standard settings. And if there is a fundamental problem, why does it look better and the heat haze bubble only appears in the mirrors? The mirror image is awful, by the way. We don't have a hi-res mirror option like we did with rF1. So instead of complaining that we are using non-standard settings, the appropriate answer is two-fold:

1) "Sorry that you have to use non-standard settings to get our product to look its best...we'll see if we can fix that in the future since many of our customers won't want to have to install special software and fiddle with arcane settings just to get what should be available "out of the box."
    2) "Since the problem is only occurring in the mirrors, which are clearly still configured at a low quality setting, we'll get right on that and fix several mirror display issues for the next release."

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi Tim and all,

I have read that the car "including it´s talent files and sounds" is packed now as a VEH.
    But that means nevertheless that the talent/rcd-file will be unpacked in the "installed/Talent" directory, right?
    I don´t have any Talent file of the FR 3.5 2014 in this folder!
    Icludes this package talent files at all?

Thanks in advance and greets,
    Pete

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Try high caster (around 9.0) with this car, feels so much better than with default setting for caster.

20. zand

zand Registered

Love this car! IMO the best openwheeler ever in sim racing. The virtual rubber, the FFB, the difference between high speed and low speed behaviour... Amazing! :D
    Now, can we expect the release of the missing WSBR 2014 teams in a future ISI update?