Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. datanode

datanode Registered

Oh dear I was riding my brakes due to the brake spring getting worn.

These csp's have had so much use which is the only reason for it. Suppose I better pay attention to the pedal overlay that is right in front of me.

I have also got a bit faster with it too. Still not that fast but this is more like it :)

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Not sure what my issue is but cant map DRS (rear Flap) assign buttons (tried numerous) and it wont work , tried full throttle in 6th ,no joy..works fine in ISI F1 mod and 'total' mod on same buttons? any ideas?

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you, good to know. Now i understand why this car is that strong on curbs and irregularities. I suppose they are harder in the carcass.

Nevertheless I want to ask you about the weight and its influence to check, not only the car is harder it also reacts very sensitive on bumps and such, which unfortunately seems to lead to roll over ( AI ) at relatively low speeds, for example, if driven over a curb more aggressive.

Why i think this could be important because the vehicle lifts off in slow motion what looks odd. The process runs very smoothly and balanced while the vehicle would have to be catapulted from a certain point, but these cars lift evenly.

My feeling tells me something about the treatment of the non-moving mass may not be optimal, but i may be wrong. However, I see more often things with weight have to do acting weird on me.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

One thing I find odd is the damage. I rubbed the wall hard at 250kph, skated across the track, ploughed head first into another wall at 200kph, did a triple barrel roll and then landed on my head whilst hitting the wall again and all that broke was the front wing..

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Are there penalties of some sort in this mod? (or perhaps track based?) we got a member having issues and it looks like his power is being reduced when using DRS.

Yet others don't suffer from this.
    we've suggested to him to double check his brake pedal is not spiking as that would close drs. and of course only test with HDF package (although I don't think low will hand out a penalty, DRS just don't work with LDF right?)

Any ideas?

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes I suppose the kevlar is more consistent with warming and friction, pressure stable and has at the same time little weight at high supple, but that should change the deformation and kickback behaviour of the tire with load changes. It could generate problems on downforce cars if not working optimal.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I wonder what a set of those tires cost. lol.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

More than my income for several months. :)

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

If i remember correctly, F1 P zeros cost 60k pounds, but i am completelly unsure wether that is for set or each

(interesting addition: every Javelin missile for UK army also costs 60k pounds (That was couple years back, it might be even more today)

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Can you only really use DRS in a completely straight line? I've been running Loch Drummond, and if i deploy DRS before the car is perfectly straight out of the last corner, it spins. I cant run the long curved section up the first hill as it spins aswell. Its like the DRS button causes the rear wing to just fall off.

11. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

closer to a couple of grand each I would say - that kind of ball park.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

My test for grip on any car is the chicane at GT layout of Portugal. The combo of the curbs, the elevation change and the tight left-right is a gigantic challenge for any car. Are you saying that if you take the car though here with high downforce it is too glued to the track? There is too much mechanical grip?

Or are you talking about aero grip at higher speeds being too high? I refrain from commenting on high speed aero grip because a Skippy is the "biggest" race car I have ever driven in anger so have no idea what real downforce feels like, though since it's pretty much the equivalent of flying a plane with wheels, I expect that it feels otherworldly in real life and it certainly feels that way in rF2. A very unsettling feeling, but certainly exhilarating once you get used to it and can defy the normal laws of physics through turns.

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Seems to be a minor bug in the talent file... Car #22 is driven by Frank Fauvel.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL, you think that's a bug?

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You could be activating it while still having some wheelspin and just going bonkers with that instability at the rear.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

I'm not sure as Ive sonly tried it on Silverstone so far
    it feels great on low and med downforce packs, on high pack it feels totally dead almost like point and shoot and looking at real world vids on youtube (assuming they are also running high pack on Silverstone) the sim version with high pack in comparison seems overly planted which is how it feels ( lower amount of skill needed etc )

however low - med downforce packs it has real life and is a super sim car, I feel sad that its defaulted to high pack as I think anyone trying it will not experience the full benefits of this car and will maybe quickly get bored of it
    (if they don't change to low or med pack)

anyway I hope my view makes sense

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Well, the other cars have real driver names.

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

Pretty sure the generic names are used when there are no more "Named" drivers to use. E.g. there are only 20 named drivers and you add 25 AI, you will have 5 extra drivers ontop of the "real" ones

My favourites are in the IndyCars...Scott Dishin...Elo Castronavers, Hunter Shark...XD

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Yes, Frank is usually the first generic name to appear, that's why I wonder if they forgot to include one reallife driver.

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, i couldn't see Mental Fortitude in the list... (Will Power...:p)