Formula ISI 2012 Corner Speed (What's the secret?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Theyre so many variables the sim is missing to be compared to real life side by side.

- wind
    - gforce (u'll think twice to go flat out any corner if ur head already bouncing left and right for one hour)
    - track temp (which affects grip big time, and rf2 track temp is pretty much flat now)

Also for these aliens, i think we shud make real on board of them doing it on their rigs to see how they do it. (custom camera angle, perhaps)
    and to see in flesh their hand and feet movements

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Morand filmed his monaco lap...Cool, calm as anything, and real smooth lol.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Yes but Morand drives from the TV camera, not cockpit eye camera, that only gives you big advantage to position the car,

said that, i dont want to sound like i dont think hes a fantastic speedster, he is an alien, but he isnt a simdriver, hes a simracer, so he is not trying to stay realistic, he is trying to stay as fast as possible within the rules of the league and what the sim allows him to do, no matter if that would blow his engine in real life

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Never gets old...

Hardware, display, cockpits, wheels, settings, personal preferences , style of driving , all these and more have influence on a individual's opinion of Brands X an Z. ;)

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope that TV cam is just for the replay video, FSR and I assume most serious leagues force cockpit view.

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

FSR is cockpit camera only. He wouldn't even think of using TV cam. Not even auto clutch is allowed in WC.

And he only records the replay with TCam.

Nice fail, though.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

FSR 2015 is not exactly FISI 2012 mod, it's a bit faster, though.

8. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Well, damn. I can drive on what I think is the limit and do a 1:34.7-134.9. Guess I'm a failure at life lol.

Put me in a REAL car dammit! I can't stand these sims with their lack of depth perception and feeling in general, and the ability to go 5 seconds faster than real life. If I can actually have some feeling of twhat the car is doing I would be a beast. That's my problem in sims, I CANT FEEL THE CAR!!!

I can take my corolla (Yes corolla, FWD, stick shift) on a dirt road, and drift within a foot of trees and whatnot taking curves 80-90mph. Yes, If I screw up I'm most likely dead, but who cares? Not like I've got anything to live for anyway. Except speed. And it's the most fun I can ever have.

But this is pretty much like driving via Remote Control. In fact, that's exactly what it is LOL. All you have is what you can see, and driving is MUCH more than that. Just ask Senna. Vision is about 1/2 of it. These "aliens" on these sims would probably also kick ass in Call of Duty, but couldn't do **** in a real car. Greger Huttu could barely do it at Road Atlanta lol. I think he vomited at one point.

So anyway, WHO NEEDS A DRIVER??? ANYONE? hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I can feel disconnected on certain terrains, some cars, modern cars on historic tracks or vice a versa.

Then you get a track like Longford where most everything feels great.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

The same bloody reason why i always laugh at those ppl who bought wut Real Driver X and Y say abt simcade Z.

LOL

Sim is sim...even rFpro being used just to collect data abt the cars and tires. Not for the drivers to train. They train using real cars!

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's not difficult to be 10 seconds slower with some very demanding cars compared to the best times. Back in the day, brand new F1 drivers were multiple seconds slower than the best times rather than just 1 maybe 2 like nowadays. And those are amazing drivers who've lived racing and built up their skills and performance-levels all their lives.

Fuel can make multiple-second differences too. Add tyres and massive potential differences when it comes to realroad conditions and you can have hugely variable times.

Morand's view is high and a completely wrong perspective from being in a real racecar. He's awesome though, I'm definitely not taking anything away from him there.

Yup. Sims are still quite off real life in terms of vehicle behaviour. Some are good when it comes to "on-paper" numbers but all have major underlying issues when it comes to certain areas (depending on the sim-engine) and all sorts of wonkey, unrealistic, vehicle dynamics at work. Most sims can't even get basic rotation correct - it's like the vehicle rotates around it's body rather than from the tyres/wheels that are slipping if that makes any sense. And, oh god, that is just the tip of the iceberg so that's all I'll say about that.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Funnier still, i see some spent thousands and thousands of bucks on wheels n motion just for it to feel right for themselves and to compensate the inferior physics engine.

A simulation by definition is wut the physics gives u, not how a device channel a canned, personally adjusted feel to ur body.
    U drive a kart, u feelmthe bumps...drives a z06 ure damped from feeling them. U dont adjust ur car to feel more on ur ass....dats faking it. And faking stuff is not sim.

And some endorsing expensive gadget updates to make their title feels better. But dats marketing lol
    Theyve paid for them gadgets, they do wuteva they want haha

Its just that, theyre not simracers.

A racer would spend money on going faster. Adding 1500usd wheel n motion do not give u that extra second.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+9999999999999

That may be one of the greatest posts of all year.

The faster/better/stronger wheels only allow you to drive a physics engine better according to what the particular physics engine "wants" - what it requires from the driver - regardless of how bad/good/unrealistic/realistic those physics are. This sometimes unfortunately leads to the following two things:

A) A not-good-enough wheel being used as an excuse for physics oddities

B)Better wheels further masking physics issues for people who are unable to differentiate between how good they can drive car/sim x and vehicle behaviour regardless of how good or bad they can drive car/sim x.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Slow down there, Paul. With regards to your last paragraph, no one said better hardware isn't awesome or more realistic (in-fact I have the highest-end mainstream wheel [Fana CSW V2] and about to get an OSW most likely in the next couple weeks). With regards to your post's opening sentance (personal reasons? Acting as if sims are arcade games? No driver would ever touch a sim? Ughhhhh? Lol), I think you've officially lost it :)

Netkar Pro, GMotor, Live For Speed, Netkar Namie, Assetto Corsa, World Series Racing, iRacing, Drivers Republic, all drive different from one another. On the other hand, not one of those games, or any game I've ever played, has changed or "driven differently" the slightest bit through the use of different wheels - from a $50 Logitech all the way to a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 - and nor will they ever. As I said, some wheels have a better FFB feel, some are quicker responding, etc. - all of which makes you drive car/sim x better regardless of how good/bad/unrealistic/realistic it may be - but the car/sim still drives identical to before; nothing has changed except your personal performance.

With regards to the whole "we can't feel as much as real life" thing... While this is certainly true, feeling more - just like a better wheel - will only allow you to drive car/sim x better according to what it's physics "want" from the driver regardless of wether it's rFactor or Mario Kart. Just replace "better wheel" with "feeling more" in what I explained in my previous post.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There's no big deal with it. I've been dying for a 20 - 30 Nm servo wheel for ages :) . The only problem is when/if fundamental vehicle dynamics issues are dismissed because "your wheel isn't good enough" or now forgotten/"masked" because "my new high end wheel allows me to drive/control the car better". This potential delusion could also have the knock-on effect of limiting physics development or the areas of physics development due to "developer x" being able to drive car/sim x really good - thanks to the superior wheel - regardless of how "off" the physics may be. That's all I'm saying.

P.S. I can see how my pre-edited post was misleading with the way I worded "excuse".

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nothing wrong abt hardware upgrades. Wuts wrong with it is i see many upgraded and tried other simcade and say 'its better than rf2 coz i can feel more'

Ad rf2 with a wayy better physics and tire model being ridiculed coz the graphics arent as good as AC and pCars.

I would buy the OSW if i have the money. But being a simracer (racer means every penny u spend must result in u going faster than the other guy) i beat most of the guys with osw and motion with my g27. Coz with my g27 its enough for me to feel wuts the car is doing and simracing is majorly visual cued plus how fast ur body reflect while driving.

Simming is funny when u spend alot to be beaten by a guy who have a minardi team budget with minimal hardware. But like ive said earlier, its their money and theyre free to buy anything they want and the market needs them for people involved to put food on the table and pay the bills.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

A good addition to my post :)

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Your death is not the sole option there, you can kill a few ones (a mother having a walk with her childs), you can end crippled in a wheelchair, and have many years to think about how smart you were as a driver.

Cheers and have fun simracing.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

The 2015 lap was done on a different mod physics. The 2014 FISI mod lap he did in this video was 1:29.7. Lewis Hamilton pole lap in 2013 was 1:29.6, so the laptime is perfectly reasonable and realistic (FISI is based on 2012/2013 spec F1 car).

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Huttu was ill, first of all. And with a few laps he was just 3s slower than top times, which is quite good for someone without track experience. Other guys have been quite successful too, like GT Academy drivers. And there are also top drivers like Vandoorne and Stanaway who are extremely fast in simracing as well, so all in honestly your comment shows a bit of ignorance.