flame help

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Angus94, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

I'm the creator of DragFactor, a drag racing mod for rFactor. i have already released the Top Doorslammer (ProMod) cars . The next car for release is the Top Fuel Dragster, the model is finished.......however there are a couple of things i'd like to add to the model, if its at all possible.......

1...rear tyres growing tall during burnouts,
    rear tyres deform severely during pre-race burnouts, they grow taller due to centrifical force
    3-24-2012 7-38-44 AMa.jpg

2...parachute release at end of race,
    i tried re-programming the button used for the headlights, rather than turning the headlights on it would release the parachutes, but it didnt work. i have made the models and had them in game but they showed all the time and were un-affected by the button activity
    07_Race16.jpg

3...flames coming out of the exhaust headers,
    i've studied the backfire flame animation. then created my own but i dont know how to program rfactor to show the flames when i hit the throttle, just like the real car does
    DR_78308-590x393.jpg

are any of these posible in rfactor or rfactor2. if they are can someone please show me how.

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

3. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

i've downloaded and installed Blender 2.62 i think it is. have also downloaded the 2 videos you linked, will watch them as soon as i get a chance.

thanks

4. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

The tgm file in rf2 should allow the deforming of the tyres for the users car, but I am pretty sure that AI cars will not display this deformation.

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Nice to see you here Angus94!

1. Yes I've seen somewhat realistic looking deformation with low pressure tires when doing burnouts. About centrifugal increase in size, I am not quite sure. Should have a other type of tire to see better.

2. I know this can be done with headlight system, but unfortunately I can't help you out how to set correct material properties. But there are people here that do know that.

3. Can't help here either :( But again like with headlights, it has something to do with precise material settings which are beyond any guess.

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Angus, sorry mate, I read your question wrong. I was very tired when I answered. Unfortunately, atm, there is nothing in place for the exhaust effect and as for the chute, headlights is the only option.

We really need something here, something to cater for extra functions like this. I'm having a bit of a brainstorm about it though, if you can imagen something like a telephone exchange patch board linking different lines together, ie, you have a pulley for the supercharger and you want to link it to the engine revs, so you patch a lead into the engine revs and the other end to the pulley, So now the pulley will spin in sync with the engine revs. I'll make a point about this and see if anything can be looked into.