Few thoughts on Bahrain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by basil_fawlty, Nov 13, 2022.

1. basil_fawlty

basil_fawlty Registered

I usually dislike most modern tracks in non-traditional locations (aka. Tilkedromes), so I had low expectations for Bahrain. However, it has set a new benchmark for me when talking about a technical, challenging track.

I have also not seen a track which resembled so many features of other locations. When learning it, I could easily recognize how the technique was similar to a turn I already know:
    • Turn 4 - turn 7 (Scheivlak) of Zandvoort (brief braking, short apexing then early throttle into a wide space on the outside)
    • Turn 9 and 10 - similar to Imola's Acque Minerali, at least in the way I take it: a quick corner then a very short throttle application before a sharp turn in where momentum is key for a long straight ahead.
    • Turn 11 - this is very much like an uphill left hander from Laguna Seca
    • Turn 12 and 13 - this whole segment until T14 is Sepang's turn 12-13-14, a fast sweeping curve before a turn that sets up a long straight. Remarkably similar.
    • Turn 14-15 - Spielberg's final corner without the downhill
    Turn 5-6-7 (esses) are unlike anything else because of the elevation (very enjoyable combination)

For me, Turn 8 and 10 are by far the most challenging ones, typical examples of slow corners where you need to precisely hit the apex and be very patient with the acceleration - failure of either results in half a second lost. It also makes the circuit very annoying because even when you're matching your fastest lap to the AI, you will be left frustrated that you cannot bring that level consistently. :)

Overall, a very pleasant surprise, laser technology at its best.
    [​IMG]

Bernat likes this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Very very heavy in VR! However good track but nothing special!