**Fanatec Community Testing** - Post Your Resume!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZeosPantera, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hello ISIforums, I have recently been selected by Fanatec as the Community Testing Manager for both ISIforums.net and RaceDepartment.com. (A list of other CTM's and their sites can be found here: http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8227)

My job is to nominate 10 (TEN) candidates from this forum that I believe are qualified to thoroughly test and review some of the new fanatec product(s) and I will spend the next week (7 days) collecting resume's of anyone interested in being part of the testing in THIS THREAD.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After one week I will request this thread be closed and replaced by an open a POLL where the rest of the ISIforums community will vote on their selection from the ten chosen. They should vote for whom they believe will make the best candidate for giving an honest, straightforward and thorough review of these new Fanatec products.

If you plan to post a "sim-racing resume" make sure it explains in detail why you should be one of the ten nominees with links to any previous written or video reviews you have completed or even just a product review of any type on another site. List all of your current sim-racing and PC related hardware, your preferred sim software along with all the racing titles you have access to test the products with. If you can also test on Consoles compatible with Fanatec Hardware list which console and the game titles you own.
    [HR][/HR]
    SPECIAL NOTE FROM FANATEC:

· Due to past problems, the reviewer who is chosen will be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he/she receives

Because of this rule I ask if you cannot afford to put at LEAST ~$450 USD/Euro's on hold for several weeks you DO NOT submit a resume here in this thread.

This ~$450 (Sent through PayPay) covers the minimum requirements for testing the CSR Base along with Both addon wheel rims (BMW and F1 Platforms). The addition of Fanatec pedals or table clamps or the Rennsport wheel stand would all be extra, but also discounted to 50% MSRP.
    [HR][/HR]
    MORE OFFICIAL RULES

· Previous community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review

· The reviewer is asked to write an honest and un-biased review

· The reviewer will receive a CSW base with the two rims, but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if he/she wants

· The reviewer is required to inform the Community test supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period

· The reviewer can not leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted

· Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but the exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels

· After the review period is over and the reviews are posted. Fanatec will ask the reviewer if they wants to return the gear or keep it

· You can keep it and the deposit you made earlier stays with Fanatec, so you receives a 50% discount for the effort put into testing

· If you decide to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund the original 50% deposit + pay shipping costs for that gears immediate return

· Only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan may participate
    [HR][/HR]

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or leave them below. If you decide to leave a resume here make sure to identify your post as such and remember to include

· Favorite Games (and platforms)

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift, Other

· Your age

· Country (Location)

· Current gear (Sim, PC and Console)

· Links to reviews you made in the past

· A short introduction and statement why you would be the best person for the job along with anything else you believe will woo your fellow community members(and me) into selecting you for the task
    [HR][/HR]

Good luck and happy posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Good to see Thomas learning from his mistakes he's made in the past. I hope he gets some REAL testers this time.

Edit: Just noticed it's going to a popularity contest after applications have been reviewed. Looks like it's turning out to be another Fanatec joke after all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  3. Seahawks1Fan

Seahawks1Fan Registered

• Favourite Games (and platforms) rFactor, Project Cars, Iracing, rFactor 2, F1 2011 - PC
    • Driving style: Road V8 Supercars and Road GT. Also starting to get into ovals.
    • Age 37
    • Country USA
    • Current gear Fanatec PWTS, Clubsport pedals, TH8RS shifter, Buttkicker, triple screens (23" monitors).
    I am the race director over at www.gonebrokeracing.com and have been sim racing since the days of Pole Position on the Atari 2600. I got back into sim racing big time about 2 years ago and it is now my #1 hobby. If I am selected, I plan on doing a full on review to be uploaded on YouTube. I will put the CSW to the test on a variety of PC sims and give honest, up front feedback to the sim racing community.

I haven't done any official reviews, but have put together many GBR highlight videos along with the commentary. Here is a link to my latest one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
  4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Posted on April fools day :rolleyes:

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I realized as I posted it that the date would come back to haunt me. THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.

If it was it would be the most elaborate one ever!

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

You got shut down over on Racedepartment, lol.

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Is it 450 USD even for europe guys?

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Those guys can be such goofs at times. I stopped racing there awhile back because they are so snobby.

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think it a misunderstanding currently. I am in a conversation with admin there and he thought ten people would get the wheel for half price and that it was more a marketing scheme than a test. There may need to be a different set of rules put in place for that forums.

450 euro's for anyone in Europe. I don't think they are bothering with the conversion.

10. evphelps

evphelps Registered

I would like to be included.
    Built my first wheel for revs on the c64,put a clutch on my T1 for f1gp!
    Do I qualify?
    But seriously, I can afford it and would like to be considered...

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Put a little more effort into that post and you will have just as good a chance as everyone else.

12. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

450 euros = 670us green backs ouch! if thats half price OMG! :eek: im going to sell one of my kidneys now....

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

From what I know and have heard Thomas has always had the thought that 1USD=1Euro. So you'll pay 450USD.

14. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Favorite Games
    At the moment I'm enjoying both Rfactor 2 and Project CARS beta, both looking to be fantastic programs. In terms of league racing F1C and Rfactor many years through Tyka.net (formally F1RST3) which sadly closed at the end of last year. I've mainly been interested in PC based sim games e.g Grand Prix 4, F1C, Live for Speed, iRacing and enjoyed the pure physics of these four programs. Recently although on a different level F1 2011 PC and Forza on Xbox.

Driving Style
    Open wheel is my favorite. Touring Cars, GT and so on.

County
    Munich, Germany (Australian)

Current Gear

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/20120403074130.jpg/

A couple of fast pc's and Xbox. PC being my preferred platform.

Links to reviews

Not a review but a Thread I started in Tyka forums created a lot of discussion about cockpits, wheels and so on. With over 34,000 views it is still of interest to Sim racers.

http://forum.tyka.net/index.php?showtopic=12802&st=0

I've had a passion for Sim Racing games and peripherals since the mid 90's and enjoyed watching it all develop over the years. From my very first spring loaded Mad Catz wheel on to Thrustmaster wheels, Logitech wheels and Fanatec wheels I feel and can give an accurate, non biased review. Happy to make You Tube videos and written reviews.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  15. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

Favourite Games
    I mainly play: rFactor, rFactor 2 (Beta), and iRacing, but also dabble in pCARS (Alpha), RBR, Dirt3, GT5 (PS3) and LFS.

Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift.
    I love Open wheel and Tin Top racing, on road courses, but ocasionally play RBR or DIRT3.

Age.

Country.
    UK

Current gear
    I currently run a CSR-E with Clubsport Pedals (v1), in a Nixim chassis. I have 3 screens, two shifters, and a decent PC running it all.
    Here: http://dorkish.com/albums/Geek/man-cave/2012-01-04/2012-02-19.JPG

Link to reviews you made in the past
    Cockpit Build & Review:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/gt-omega-racing-build-and-first-impressions.24525/
    Comments on my CSR-E after launch:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/csr-elite.44271/page-2#post-1002452 (and a follow-up here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/csr-elite.44271/page-2#post-1004382)

Short introduction and statement why you would be the right guy for the job.
    I think I'd be good to test and review the CSW because, like everyone else here, I am a die-hard sim-racer.
    I've owned loads of wheels, both from Logitech and Fanatec (as well as a rubbish microsoft one). I've had most of the Fanatec wheels so far, including a 911Turbo, PWTS, 911 GT3, 911 GT2 and now the CSR-E. I think I generally give a fair representation of the hardware when speaking about them on forums, and have taken a few of them apart at the request of Fantec to replace parts and what-not, so I know the hardware fairly well too.

In addition, I'd like to add that I think I'll be a good rep for the community when looking at the wheel, as I can be trusted to give good honest feedback, not just a fanboy/biased response.

Cheers!

16. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Great cockpit set up Alex, love it:)

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am interested.

I am exclusively a PC racer. iRacing and rFactor 2 are the only titles that have truly physics-based FFB, so they are my favourites. GPL is the title that turned me into a sim racer from a game player. I have spent too many hours with it, GTR2, rFactor and all the other rFactor-based variants over the years. I also raced everything that Papyrus produced. RBR is still used to this day, with lots of add-ons. rFactor is used with TechAde's new RealFeel from GameStockCar, of course!

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Rally

· Canada - Toronto

· Moderately high-end PC; Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel.

· I have been involved in testing sims for multiple manufacturers (anyone remember as far back as Europress/Magnetic Fields rally titles??) and also have raced actual race cars (F2000 being the highest class). I worked with Kari Ikonen on the GPL AI Tweaker back in the day (I think he actually put me in the credits!) I spent almost 10 years as an IT professional, so I have some concept of what proper testing involves and also know my way around hardware and software.

· I am an exacting critic and have very high standards. I also appreciate well engineered equipment. It is my belief that I can make a good comparison with existing Fanatec equipment and I still have my Logietch G25 that I used previously.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  18. Simon Hodge

Simon Hodge Registered

Im interested

Im a PC racer only and play RFACTOR 1 &2, RBR, IRacing Netkar, LFS Raceroom

Driving style - Any will and have tried most racing titles

Pontypool South Wales, UK

High end PC, triple screen, SR hardware SPI, rev, speed, derek spear button bpx, 2 buttkickers, th8rs, clubsprt pedals, CSRE wheels Gamepod GT2 Evo Frex shifteres

Also have t500, g27 and CSR

I have never done a review but would love to give my view as im very fussy. I loved the t500 but for me the CSR E beat it in many ways, feel, quality, adjustability etc

Smudge

19. VLA

VLA Registered

RESUME by VLA

Favourite Games
    I mainly play: rFactor,
    Toying around with rFactor 2 (Beta), until full version is out
    rarely but do play : F1 2011,
    involved but not a lot latley: pCars
    My sons have Xbox and Ps3 as whole family is into sim racing one way or another

Personl Driving style:
    All time fav Team Orsm V8 Supercars, Porchse Challenge This mainly because my entire Motion Simulator is themed around Tin top racing, Also, I use 3 stlyes of Gear Shifting, Independent Seq Shifter, Paddle and H-Pattern
    95% online

Country: Adelaide , Australia, Home of Clipsal 500 V8 Supercars....8ks from where I live.

Current gear Hardware as follows:
    SimXperience Stage lV Series Simulator with Rear Traction Loss(complete)
    i7 960 : MOBO: Intel X58 Chipset - (Gigabite GA-X58A-UD7)
    MEMORY: 12Gb VGA: ( CrossFireX ) Dual 1GB, ATI Radeon HD 5870
    Cannon (CST) Pedals, G27 FFB S/W : SimWorks seq Gear shifter:
    Sharp Aqous 3x46" HD Tv's in Eyefinity (6048x1080p)
    O/S: Windows 7 64-Bit
    2nd PC for Touch screen and data readouts/TS

Note: Computer Has No Bottle necks, Used only for Sim Racing, and only ONE onwer. Its Lean and Mean.
    Videos of my setup
    http://www.youtube.com/user/saisa58/videos

Link to reviews you made in the past
    Never Have made any Public Reviews, but read plenty. Member of many Fourms.

Short introduction and statement why you would be the right guy for the job.

Firstly, I was considering owning the CSW, but only after I have read the reviews. Since you have introduced this oppourtunity, I'm willing to give an Honest in depth review/desciption of the products mentioned.

I have invested only in High Quality products, and believe the CSW could continue my expansion of Quality componentry as I am now in the market for upgrading my wheel.

I'm consider myself to this oppourtunity as a preferred candidate, Following are some reasons Why:
    1) My first review this leads to: excitement, thoroughness, need to explore, wanting to tell others
    2) My Expenditure to date ie: current setup this leads to: Eye for detail, high quailty, Longevity
    3) My Passion for my selected hobby/Sim Racing : means undiverted concentration on task at hand
    4) My Needs and wants underpin my Passion hence my review will: voice the Truth, express excitment and encougage direction.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  20. RENEGAD

RENEGAD Registered

Driving style:
    Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally

Favourite Games (and platforms):
    iRacing, netKar Pro, rFactor2, CARS, GT5, F1 2011, RBR

Current gear:
    Gaming PC
    PS3
    XBOX 360
    ButtKicker Gamer 2
    43" Triple Screen Setup
    Playseat
    Logitech G27
    GoPro HD Hero2

USA

I don't really have any track racing experience, but I've always loved motor sports and I've been sim racing for over three years and spend almost all my free time doing it. I've also done a decent amount of autocross racing and have used the OMP Superturismo, OMP Corisca and Sparco 375, which are similar to the BMW rim. Sim racing has definitely helped with autocross and autocross has helped with sim racing so I think the experience in both will be beneficial when testing these products. With my work schedule I have almost unlimited time to test so I would be able to commit a lot of time to deliver a highly detailed and thorough review. I have experience using the G25, G27, Fanatec 911 GT3 and Thrustmaster GT500RS and would contribute a completely unbiased review including high quality photos and video. I also just purchased a GoPro HD Hero2 so I can film some awesome first-person videos of the wheel in action. The possible camera angles with the GoPro provide a unique perspective of the wheel in action.

I haven't participated in any product reviews in the past, but I've already started doing research to figure out the most important aspects for the review and will put in the work to provide the in-depth information potential customers will be looking for. I know the amount of comprehensive research I do any time I'm searching for a product and I know how beneficial unbiased and detailed reviews are so I'll do my best to deliver that. If I get this opportunity I would also be completely open to questions and requests to help provide any specific information people are looking for. I might not have the most experience, but I'll definitely put in the time and effort to deliver a review that covers everything you want to know about these products and more. The sim racing community has always been super helpful and it would be awesome to get this opportunity to be a part of that and contribute to the product development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.