**Fanatec Community Testing** - Post Your Resume!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZeosPantera, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fohat

Fohat Registered

Hi.

Favorite game: rFactor (+ rFactor 2, beta), netKar Pro

Driving Style: Road GT/Touring. Have also done some OW (F1, Cart, F3)

Current gear: Self-made PC with AMD Phenom II 955BE 3.2GHz, ASUS M4A78T-E, XFX 6950 2GB, 4GB RAM. Wheel is a Logitech Driving Force Pro.

I have never made any reviews, but I read a lot of tests and believe I can write a good review.

I started sim-racing in 2003-4 with the very good "F1 Challenge 99-02" (remember the SCC-mod?). Bought rFactor when it came out, and have stayed with it. I have had about 150 league-races, but the last one is a year back. I have also raced "GT Legends" and "GTR/GTR2/GTR Evolution". The most important thing for me are the physics, that is why I love rFactor so much.
    Unfortunately I don't have any experience with G25/G27 or any Fanatec wheel, but I hope I can be considered anyway. I'm fascinated by the products made by Fanatec, and have been thinking about retiring my old DFP and get me a 911 GT3 or maybe a CSR-wheel. And the Clubsport pedals are at the top of my pedal-list.

That's about it, hope I'll hear from you.

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hi All, Thank you for the applications both here and by PM. I an consulting with Fanatec to see if I can close this thread Tomorrow (Sunday) at midnight Eastern Standard Time (or roughly 36hours from NOW!) because of the holiday.

So any of you last minuter's have time to finalize your thoughts as we get ready to move onto the popular vote portion of this.

3. rass101

rass101 Registered

Favorite Games (and platforms): rFactor2, rFactor, netKar, iRacing, RBR, Gran Turismo 5 (PC, PS3)

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Rally
    (I mostly drive open wheelers but also GT and Touring cars and ocasionally rally in RBR)

· Your age: 21

· Current gear (Sim, PC and Console):
    Currently I use Logitech G27, 27“ asus monitor attatched to PC and PS3

· Links to reviews you made in the past

· A short introduction:
    I started simracing in 2007 and have been active ever since. I have competed in several professional simracing leagues, most notably in Formula Simracing. In 2010 I was 3rd in the World Championship division.

During my simracing career I have had an opportunity to race with many different wheels and pedals (Logitech: MOMO, G25, G27. Fanatec: GT3, CSR pedals) on a wide variety of simulators and other racing games.
    Even though I have previously not written a product review I feel that thanks to my long experience in simracing I have a good reference point so I can give an in depth and honest opinion of the gear.

Thanks.

4. Jesse Moraes

Jesse Moraes Registered

· Favorite Games (and platforms) , rFactor, forza 4,xboxm Gran Turismo 5 (PC, PS3)

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Other

· Your age 29 years old.

· Country (Location)Dublin,Ireland

· Current gear (Sim, PC and Console)Currently using the Fanatec CSR wheel with clubsport pedals and CSR shifters. PS3,Xbox and PC.

· Links to reviews you made in the past.

I haven't done any review yet, but I am planning to make a video-review to post on the forums I read (especially Portuguese forums), which is I believe has a lack of review when you talk about fanatec wheels and pedals.
    I am also planning to build up a website/forum for Sim-users in Brazil.
    THanks

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

*********************THREAD CLOSED**************************

Thank you all for your submissions. I will select the top ten people from this forums who I think would best represent honest community testers and then sometime either late tomorrow or early Tuesday you can expect to see a POLL pop-up with the ten candidates and the rest of the ISI community will vote on who THEY think should give them the story on these new Fanatec wheels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.