[WIP] Falkenbergs Motorbana (Give Away Blender project)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Frederick Alonso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

I give away some projects I have no time for so I can focus on the important ones that I prefer in the coming 3 years. For Fuji I had bought a laserscan from a local source, in this case we have a raw Lidar so take notes on the info below.

Before downloading contact Ross "Tnadz" Smith (Discord name) as he has shown interest in the last 7 months for it. The idea is to collaborate with a few guys and push success forward together.
    I can set up a private channel for that

https://discord.gg/wYVMhZrsM6 Files are on my server.

A WIP Falkenbergs Motorbana that needs a better elevation section from T4 - T7[​IMG]

With a bit of work, this is in-game in no time, I'm still available for collaborating as I want this track in rF2. It's great for small cup races and physics testing and has a bit of Limerock Park feeling on the chicane and elevations. It's an exciting track if done right.

Turn 4 to 7 needs some fine tuning and it's to flat now, probably a small issue in Lidar data.
    Karting track and terrain from the top view + tunnel are shaped with low poly in mind.
    From T4 to T7 I did a raw shape of where it should be, but more checking is needed with images (putting lines on them, comparing it with well-known height sources, etc)..

The only thing I want back is credits for the base modeling.
    While you read this, I will look on my drives for the reference material and also upload a zip meanwhile. I have 1.2 GB scan data as well.

We can get it very close to real life, I'm sure about that :cool:

If you have no 3dsmax, no worries as I'm still available to help where I can. If most is done in Blender we just share the credits and release it together. I work officially so please reach out before grabbing the base files.

Enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023