External gauges and sim signals?

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by rF Dude, Dec 5, 2012.

1. rF Dude

rF Dude Registered

Hi all,

Hopefully I have the correct forum here...

I am looking at using rF for a racing simulator, and need external gauges, plus external signals later for controlling the motion simulator. I'd appreciate some assistance...
    - Does rF have external signals for gauges?
    - If so, what gauges/parameters are supported?
    - What interface/protocol is used for this?
    - Does rf have external signals for motion simulation?
    - If so, what data and how is this provided?

Thanks!

2. 64r

64r Registered

rF provides all the information you need via an API interface. It is up to you to write the software to communicate with this interface and your hardware controller (or use an exisitng piece of software and hardware). Have a look at the Internal Plug code available in the modding downloads section, in the code you will be ablew to see all the channels available.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

There is also X-Sim 3 software, I use it for my motion rig to receive data for it, it works well with RF2 and whole bunch of other games. It exports all kind of data, speed, rpm, gear, fuel, forces, it can be used also for gauges and stuff, it has support for variety of control boards / intefaces. I use X-Sim also for my Arduino Dashboard (similar to Sli-Pro) to display gear, speed, rpm leds for it.

It's x-sim.de, you can register there and ask what you want, people will help you for sure.