Example Mods

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Gjon Camaj, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Yes we have new content in the works. But even our stuff is WIP. I have said this before but this is probably a good time to reiterate. Anyone working on Mods, please be aware they may become obsolete during this period.

One aspect we hope to release soon is how to allow non critical pieces of a mod to be changed without having to repackage. In some scenarios this may require a small format change.

Right now there is no single example that can show everything we need to get into the system. Its a difficult position to be in, our own developers confronting this frustration daily. But like with any complex system, we'll smooth it out over time.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Would we be right in suggesting the current ISI content will also be in need of these changes to stay compatible with the ever changing structure? If you already know that these things are going to become obsolete then exactly what are we testing.

People are testing the way to put the models in-game. Textures and materials. The core shader are different from rF1 to rF2 as expected. So the shaders used in rF1 are not working well in rF2. Is it a smart move to start making new shaders for your cars or should you wait?

This is only one example. I'm sure there's many many more.

3. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

This is an important question that you are asking, but not easy to answer.

I don't know if current mods will NEED to be changed, but rather this is POSSIBLE. Personally I enjoy the development process and it doesn't bother me if some something has to be redone. I look at it as a learning opportunity. I know some people are different and like to wait.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that if we do a lot and test a lot early it will result better product sooner, if at some point there is change that is needed to make so product is better it is better to be at the beginning than at later and only way to achieve this is to have mods done enough at the beginning, that is at least how I see it.

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Don't get me wrong here it's not that I'm against developing things. Far from it.
    Mod teams are constantly doing this anyway. Even now this is still going on for rF1 not to forget other moddable formats.

The bold sentence is more what my post was alluding to. Though how I see it now is ISI are as just in the dark as the rest of us. Which is a good thing.
    There's only one direction.. Forwards!!;):D:D