[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ales... Have you considered BTSync for distribution? You wouldn't have to send out mass emails for each release. You would simply email the hash when someone first purchases and after that they will automatically get new releases as you drop them in the folder. The way you're doing it now people could simply pass out a Dropbox link to their friends. At least with BTSync you could see how who is downloading by looking at the device list and if you feel the hash has been compromised you could change the hash and email the new hash to everyone.

Just a thought... It would solve the bandwidth problems.

It's a shame there isn't a better way to protect your work. I have put a lot of thought into a good way to protect it but haven't been able to come up with anything.

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

BTsync for the win. It is one of the better distribution methods out there.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

I do not want to use BTSync and would ask for an alternative method.

Thanks for the heads up on the Darche skins, I have two already prepared and had a third planned. I'll hold off a bit then.

As for the intensity of the reflection - i tried darkening the alpha layer but did not have good results. The body was still very reflective. This was with the Bayro.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Just managed to install the new mods on my rig after RL issues got in the way.

First of all, I love how so much work and effort goes into recreating the cars that we all love. Long may this continue.

Only tested the Darche so far and I really like how my screen FOV can be maintained while still seeing the dash and the display etc. Cannot do this elsewhere.

Now some ideas for further improvements:

1. Yes, the wheel and dash feels a couple of cm too far to the right
    2. Are we sure the instrument display is the current GT3 / GTE spec?
    3. The TV camera rear view has wrong aspect ratio. It is squashed view currently.
    4. The sounds of the car's engine etc are too low while the sounds of the other cars are too high. The player's engine sounds should dominate the experience.

Keep up the great work. Look forward to the next update soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+2 Used it and don't like it. Large pain for distributor and end user

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Just out of curiosity why do you have a problem with BTsync? Is it software or a bandwidth issue?

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+1......or is that +3? :)

Tried it with the BES mod - no thanks.

9. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Thanks for the info, I was just starting a new skin today.
    So I take it the mapping will change with the next update? Do I have to update older skins for the Darche then?

EDIT:
    If it's possible I'd like to avoid BTSync as well.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Not alot actually, the front shading was edited only. Skins should still fit on it, you will just need to change the shading inside youre psd file to resave it with that and alpha channel.

11. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

While some would like BTSync, it would bring actually more problems than good. We need something familiar simple and ready to go.
    For many allready problems are here with the mod manager than going with such programs and complicating allready would be to complicate.
    For allmost a year we had no problems with dropbox but we are getting more and more customers, traffic is big after update so i just need to solve that in best way. Ive looked into some other options but with component package you cant really do alot at this stage in rf2, in rf1 we could do all kinda install exe files with codes and what more but here now at the moment. I can only rely on people sofar to have atleast some respect and sofar we didnt have any mayor problems around. Few occured some months ago but were quickly solved without any big booms in forums and were settled in private.
    Once i have more time ill have to check bit more for file sharing sites or even some programs but i know that mega is out, we used it and it caused problems to.
    Mediafire seem to be one of most reliable at the moment so we might stick to that one for some time.

12. RJames

RJames Registered

Ales i got a possible solution for you, i'll drop you over a mail next few days. Would be a good self contained platform.

Best,

Rob.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes Guy botched the crap out of it buy passing out read/write hashes rather than readonly hashes which was allowing everyone one and anyone contaminate the folder and then causing people to download all kinds of random crap they didn't really want. It basically turned everyone off. If you don't like BTSync then I suggest you also stay clear of Dropbox, Box.net, Google Drive, SkyDrive, ect ect because they all do the same thing..... Sync folders.

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

As long as I click on a link and my download starts I'm quite happy.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ales, in future updates, could you please put the cars in separate classes so setups assign properly? Right now when you assign a default setup to say the 997 (oh no... did I say 997) and then switch cars to the AM for example, the setup you assigned to the 997 will be loaded for the AM. The physics on these cars are different so using a 997 set on the AM is going to get some strange results.

For example the AM... you could set the class in the VEH files like this:
    Code:
    Classes="EnduranceRXEGT5AM"
    Then in the AM's Upgrades.ini just add this to the very top:
    Code:
    DisplayClassOverride="EnduranceRXEGT5"

This will cause all cars to display like they are in one big class (EnduranceRXEGT5) and multiclass racing will score them all in one class but the setups will not get all messed up anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Or even better, a popup balloon comes up informing you that a new version is waiting on your harddrive. No need to click a download link. :p

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ethone, I actually upgraded my GFX Driver... I usually don't if everything works well... and this fixed the over reflective body (mostly) for me. So the screenshot I posted a few pages back, where the roof and bonnet are full of clouds... that's a GFX Driver issue. Just saying in case you are also running older ATI drivers...

18. ethone

ethone Registered

Ha, thank you! Was on slightly older ATI drivers and updating them very much seems to have fixed it on a quick test. That's great. :)

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I have eleven directories synced to numerous sets of people.

[​IMG]

I can't even understand how anyone uses rFactor2 without it. Trying to get tracks and mods updated and synced with 4-5 people is otherwise a murderously painful task of reading back version numbers before creating Vmods. I just have to keep URD in another folder as I don't want to be giving those out to whomever joins my sim friend syncs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I tell you, I was going nuts. I tried everything in the book. Cockpits too dark, body over-reflective, the Lola T280 off color, tarmac very dark without reflections enabled. I put it all down to the new HDR... but eventually Bjorn was kind enough to send me his screenhots from the new build and I realized it was on my end because on a similar ATI card he didn't see all those issues.

Whatever ISI did they are using some new API calls or somefink...