Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Rolling back is in your hands via steam.
    Cheers.

WiZPER and Ernie like this.
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Just unsub the open beta then. It is free to everyone what version to use.

@Lgel beat me to it. :p

WiZPER likes this.
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

People need to think one step further: you will never please everyone. With the current procedure you only have to setup the plugins and clear the shaders and player.json, where with the other way you would have to redownload everything a second time. People complained allready when the official content from the workshop was automaticly downloaded and installed, so what would you expect if they had to redownload the whole game again?

On a second note: I get that some people are frustrated as they had hoped for big performance gains with DX11, but reading some of the comments here I have the feeling that some people have no idea how beta testing works. Beta testing isn't supposed to be fun, it's supposed to get as much information on possible problems and bugs. If you don't like it, then don't participate and go with the DX9 build for now. It's pretty annoying to read through a bunch of comments cluttered by frustration and anger, by some people who haven't even made an effort to test anything, when I am trying to find solutions for my problems and valuable information. I have experienced an API switch from DX9 to DX11 where you had no choice - that's when you really have a reason to complain. So step back a bit and take a breath, if beta testing isn't your thing. Nobody is forcing anything on you :)

bwana, alpha-bravo, Alex72 and 9 others like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sounds like it's just too hard , maybe just uninstall it and be done with it .

5. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I agree with you on the concept of beta testing. I have done it for PC1, and participating in AMS and PC2 betas atm, and it can be fun but also frustrating. I also understand that people may not be happy when they would need to download the game again if a separate beta install was used. But I think the advantages of having a separate beta install outweigh this only disadvantage. How can we make a good comparison between the DX9 and DX11 version when they cannot run independently besides each other? And for the DX11 version, only specific content could have been released which was already 'converted' to be used in the DX11 version. I also think reporting bugs on the DX11 version will be very 'polluted' now. Each time you will have to ask if certain plugins were disabled, a new player json file was created and if certain cache directies were emptied.

So in my opinion installing a beta version on top of a non-beta (retail) version is still a bad idea.

Boldaussie and Marc Collins like this.
  6. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Quoting myself from another thread:

Nibiru likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Done,hope you have some better luck with this update.

I had crashes and low fps before verifying files,deleting shaders and cbash,setting all plugins to 0.

Flaux likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As said, you will never please everyone, no matter how you approach the issue. It doesn't take a huge intellect or an Oxford degree to read what is written in the news regarding "Known Issues" with plugins that render to the screen and to comprehend that you should not use any plugins for testing and especialy how you switch between the DX11 beta and the DX9 version of the game. The funniest reports are by people posting AMS screenshots of official content and comparing it to modded content in this beta. It's so hilirious that I don't even bother reading comments outside of this forum because it's 90% nonesense. Old DX9 content is supposed to be backwards compatible, but there is no garantue that it'll work without issues. Best thing is to use the updated content noted in the news and compare it between both versions and give your feedback. People get carried away too much by their emotions totaly forgetting that the only thing that will benefit us all is getting objective feedback. Now back to testing :)

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

when i switch from dx11 to dx9 and again dx9 to dx11 i have to REDOWNLOAD 3 giga again :(

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i unsub from dx11 but later i switched to dx11 and game lost
    i now have to redownload 3 giga :(

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

VR works great , looks great too

Big thanks , points below

-Looking forward to UI
    (Old one obvious bugs etc)

-performance optimisation
    (I'm Running everything very low on very high end PC)

Brill to be able to use rfactor2 again
    Yet again my top sim

i7 @ 4.8ghz watercooled
    1080ti @ 2.2ghz Core watercooled

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

NDA

13. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

No you don't, content is the same.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Pardon?

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

so what happens when i switch ?
    did i pressed any wrong button?
    why the steam redownload 3 giga?
    i switch from dx11 to dx9 and back to dx11 from right click properties of rfactor2 on steam then i went to betas and clicked the select the beta ...... and choosed the dx 11 beta
    i had download the whole thing last night
    what is happening?
    i also did resources verify integrity

Juergen-BY likes this.
  16. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Everything works fine to me. Tried Bathurst, Silverstone, Mores, Nola, Matsusaka and Indianapolis. Indianapolis was heavier than the others. I found some glitches on reflections at night. Especially helmets and objects like ambulances. Thanks a lot ISI and Studio397, I know you are working hard, and I put myself available to help you whatever you need.

i7-4790
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    AA Level 5
    PP High
    No Plugins, even the originals

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I seriously don't understand why (if it require you to redownload 3gb?), as the updated content to my knowledge should still work in DX9

18. stonec

stonec Registered

You didn't press the wrong button. AFAIK it's some new devmode content that is downloaded when you switch to DX11.

19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I to had FPS drop when first beta testing.
    1/ Deleting the cbash and shaders folder
    2/ Setting Post Effects to "Ultra"

gave me my FPS back and some more. GTX 760

20. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Yes I didn't like that but that's how it is.

It's only the shaders and game version which is compatible between DX9 & 11. The rest is different. But why it cant store the info after 1 download and then just switch between the 2 is odd.