Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

@ECAR_Tracks, addressing smoothness from trackside cams specifically, that seems to be fine. However, on a related point, rF2 always seems to be smoother for me when framerate is capped to my refresh rate, which I haven't set yet. Cockpit view was noticeably less smooth, but, as I say, I consider that to be expected behaviour. I can report results when I've capped my framerate.

After a longer run I can report the following. First I too have the inverted colours on the tyre HUD. Second the 'garage' showroom really doesn't work! But since that was already dodgy in recent DX9 builds that doesn't surprise me. Finally, and this seemed weird. I did an hour at NOLA with the USF2000, just turning laps the whole time. Later in the session my framerates dropped noticeably. Lows of 124 early on, down to 95 later. The only thing I can think of is that the weather was set to get cloudier, and Studio 397 specifically mention that the clouds have been improved visually (and they have!) I wonder if they could account for the change, but the effect seems a bit drastic.

2. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Where are the cbash and shaders folder ?
    Thanks

3. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Same here, I downloaded the update last night, it wouldn't run and eventually reverted back to the DX9 build. Today thought I would look again at the update and see if I can get it working but I have to download the entire update again. Sorry you don't like this WiZPER, but this is the reality, the entire update has to be downloaded again when switching from DX9 to DX11 version. Every time you change, every time. Despite having good hardware, I think I'll give this beta a miss for now. I certainly am not willing to screw up a good working installation.

Marc Collins likes this.
  4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi all,
    I've noticed Nvidia 3D vision does not work anymore...
    Is it a known issue and that is planned to be repared in a next update ?
    Thank you.

5. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Steam/steamapps/common/rFactor2/UserData/Log

7. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

I uninstall tge old version and install the fresh beta version. I still need to test today after work. Its scary what im reading here.
    My question is can i install back old version if im not happy ?

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Tracks that look nice before the update look even better now even if they haven't been updated to DX11 they just have some shiny parts .lol
    If the owner of said track does not update it can it be updated by anyone else ? Not changing anything other than removing the shiny parts or can it be done by the user ?
    An example is RaceFactors Melbourne , it looks better now other than some shiny white fences or even a imo not so good looking track ,Fuji now actually looks pretty nice other than Mount Fuji is glowing .

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Does no one read the OP ?

bwana, Nibiru and F1Aussie like this.
  10. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

in UserData/log :)

11. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Many thanks !

12. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Mine still works and the performance hit is less than it was using DX9.

13. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

If there is a parallel between performance and cloud build up this could change the hole fps problematic. Can someone benchmark this quickly? Two fps-tests with "clear" and "overcast" weather settings?

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

bad fps at day (15 fps Nola) super good at night (50 fps Nola)

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I did as the op said re plugins and deleting files and I had no issues at all. Aa on level 5 and PP on ultra and I was getting between 58 to 84 fps with 20 visible cars. US 2000 at nola. I7 4770, gtx 1070, 26inch single screen 1920 x 1200.

Ernie and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  17. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I tested Barbagallo x60 simulated 2 days with all weather changes and no change in FPS

MarcG, F1Aussie and Flaux like this.
  18. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

You'll find them here in in Steam installation directory ==> rFactor2 folder then in UserData/Log/CBash and /Shaders.
    You can look for *.cbash files and you'll find the Cbash folder.

19. Danneskjold184

Danneskjold184 Registered

I've rolled back, and the game is steady and cranking again. Disappointing performance for me with DX11, considering that I can run high+ on Project Cars and iRacing with great steady FPS at vsync cap with no noticeable drops.

Also note that switching over to DX11 deleted all the base content Package files, and it persisted even after rolling back. Can someone please upload them somewhere, or one of the devs make the Steam Version reacquire them?

20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I've tried once more with everything set to max, even post processing. Now I have the same fps as with everything on low. How the hell does that work?
    At least the cams are working ok now.

Now that is some useful advise. Thanks a lot buddy.

Last edited: May 2, 2017