Dual Screens UPDATE ??????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YoLolo69, Jun 19, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I think ideally you need to "consolidate" all your screens (2 or more) in Windows settings, or using NVidia or AMD control panel. That's possible only if those screens have a common resolution and refresh rate, and that will only work fine if all your screen have the same size AFAIK. That's the solution to be able to manage easily several screens in all games. The virtual big monitor is created at Operating System level and bingo, all applications think your have such a big screen (monitor 1+ monitor 2+etc.).

If your screen are too different (like mines) you will not be able to adjust position of additional screen (the viewport they cover in the big virtual monitor created by the "consolidation"). Soffth allow this, mixing all kind of monitor, and position of this monitor inside the big virtual monitor. If I use another external monitor for the right side, it could be a tiny one I will virtually move it in the big virtual monitor to show a specific interesting part (like covering just the right external mirror of the car). That's why I like this software a lot.

Now I need to find another way to lye to the system as I'm not satisfied about the solution I found. This fake right monitor I had to create in the soffth config just to center my view spend too much fps for an unseen monitor and just for the goal of centering things... That can be fix in rF2 with a seat left/right adjustment and a head rotation, or a way to say to rF2: here the position of center view I wanna use.

If I find the time I guess I need to study how to create a plugin! ;)

BTW I had a funny side-effect when I made my tests with RealHeadMontion: the 15 seconds delay before my view was shifted only happened once. When I exit the track and get back in practice the view was immediately shifted, despite the other plugin (Simvibe) had to wait again 15 seconds to be effective. Something need to be zeroed ISI devs ;)

2. coops

coops Banned

Great thread

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

OVR devs say that players should expect to need 75fps minimum when using it to avoid sickness. Most modern games will struggle there except on top of the line systems.

4. coops

coops Banned

this is great for ppl to use and try...

5. MMartin

MMartin Registered

ummm.. I've a 24" 1920x1080 and an old 19" 1280x1024. I've install it (put the dll file in in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core) but doesn't work...
    Is it the right path?
    Need it a configuration? I didn't find the "config.SoftTHconfig" file...
    Someone can help me please?

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Hi,

Yep, I'm pretty new to softth but I guess I can help. Note it's saturday night and friends just leave the house after a party, so I'm not really "clear" right now! ;)

Sorry to list obvious basic steps but I don't know at which level you stuck.

First, Windows should know both off your screens, so you need to set the second screen as extend of the first one. When you have both screen turned ON, your usual one with your usual icons and the second one as extension of the desktop you can go to second step.

Copy the softth dll in the core folder where you said: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core" (where rFactor2.exe is). Then launch the launcher Launch rFactor.exe from the upper directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2) and select the "Configure" button (the one where you set your resolution, AA, etc.).

Here you're screen should "flash" and a new resolution should appear in your resolution list. This is the first default configuration.In your case you will have a new resolution with probably this value: 3200 x 1080 (because 1920+1280 and the max Y resolution 1080). Choose this one, launch the game; and exit.

Now you should have a file in the core folder called config.SoftTHconfig. It have the default value than you need to trick. Follow the simple process explained here :

http://www.kegetys.fi/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c3i6l7s8t2f3hdiq3e5805vq3&topic=2966.0

and then, when all will seems perfect, I suggest to fine tune those value even if they don't matcg perfectly what you measured with your tape. Mainly, lines which go from central monitor to side monitor should be perfectly aligned, so I played with those value until it was perfect (I like when all is perfect, you don't have to follow this ;)).

In any case, let me know at which step you're stuck and i'll provide more detailed information from my short experience. ;)

7. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Thank you for your sat night help :)
    I'm at step two, in "Configure Sim" I can't see the new resolution 3200 x 1080, but always the same 1920x1080. My video card is GTX780 (I don't know if can help)

8. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hi guys...no suggestion about my fault?

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Just read thru this. Can't believe I missed it. Thanks yolo.