Disable SLI for testing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiffymarker, Jul 13, 2013.

1. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Good evening community!

I have GTX670s (2gb) in SLI with triples...

How do I disable SLI to test for negative scaling while retaining multiview on with bezel correction??
    I don't really want to pull the second card as the computer case is literally "integrated" into my cockpit and it's quite the ordeal to get at it.

Currently I'm using only the DVI-I and DVI-D outputs (2 monitors on one card and the third on the second cars obviously)
    I also have the nVidia displayport to DVI crossover cable if I need it....

NVCP doesn't seem to make it easy...

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With a monitor on the second card, disabling SLI will shut down what you see on that monitor. Your best bet and the preferred way to setup SLI or crossfire is to have all 3 monitors on the same card.

3. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

I now have all 3 displays on one card (DVID, DVII, Displayport via active dongle)
    If I "disable SLI" in NVCP I can't get a resolution that RF2 will recognize as multiviewable. 1920x1080 on each display.
    "Span with surround" and "Maximize 3D performance" in NVCP forces SLI on...
    Am I missing something? I'm no dummy, but this seems a little weird...
    Still no luck:(

4. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

I have surround working, SLI disabled, but each individual display is @ 1920x1080 native...
    There's no option for creating custom resolutions across all screens, so multiview is greyed out...

5. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Ok, I got it...
    You MUST remove the second card physically...
    Now I know.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Remove the SLi link is a bit easier. ?

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I guess his motherboard support single 16x or dual 8x, so if he only removes the sli connector, his single card will run only 8x (?)

At least I have experienced a bit better performance from removing 2nd gpu instead of only disable it :)

8. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

My motherboard is SLI 4-way certified. PCI-E 3.0 (2 slots @16x) both cards when installed were running@16x.

As this PC is dedicated to rF2, will not be reinstalling the 2nd card... ever.
    I'm very disappointed that pulling my other card out IMPROVED my performance all around. Somehow I thought it couldn't be true lol..

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Nice :)

Sad to hear that... I know what you're talking about. I invested in a second 7970 but after weeks of trying to get increased performance I bought a new GPU instead. It's a GTX 690, so it's double gpu's anyway, and in the beginning a had some problems with performance, but after using FONismo's settings I had a huge fps boost. Before, my gpu usage was like 70%, and only 50% on the second. But with these settings it's +90% on both cards (max 98%).

It's the anti-aliasing setting that is important here, you have to set it to MULTI-GPU 8x (or higher, as long as it's 'multi-gpu'). First I took just '8x' by mistake, and it doesn't changed the performance. I don't know how much you have been experimenting with settings, but I'm sure the performance issues is related to settings/drivers of some kind!

FONismo's settings:
    [​IMG]

I really think you should reinstall your 2nd card to try out these settings, if you have not already.

Big thanks to FONismo!
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ith-only-1-GPU?p=185112&viewfull=1#post185112

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  10. CUZ11N

CUZ11N Registered