Different graphical settings on each track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I run softTh over 3 screens so understand i can't have all the eye candy switched on with my current hardware.
    My question is i can set up my graphics settings on certain tracks i.e Mills Metro or Croft and i get a solid 40 fps and nice smooth gameplay but if i switch track to say Portugul or Monaco i have terrible stuttering and my sound spazzes out, however sometimes once i have ran 1 or 2 laps things seem to settle down. I know some tracks may use more resources than others, so when the sim goes gold will the majority of tracks be optimised to run from pretty generic settings across the board. Its a bit of a pain lowering this and that to run on certain tracks and its not just mod tracks it happens on some isi tracks :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're probably low on memory, but it's hard to tell without knowing system specs.

On my system, I run out of video memory running softTH

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

SoftTH is a nice app that let's those that have lower end graphics cards, or mismatched monitors run triple screen. The issue usually ends up being that the graphics card or cards in the system have 1Gb or less, and with the amount of pixels that need to be drawn for triple screens, it usually is a bit too much for the available graphics ram. Keep in mind, if running multiple graphics cards, the card with the least amount of ram is the one that determines what each card can use as the memory has to mirror to each card.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I didn't mean my post to be regarded as an issue for me, I fully understand i have to give a little to gain 3 screens, my question was regarding some tracks using more resources than others as i can run sweet fps on some but not others and when the sim goes gold will my graphics settings work globally i.e once i set my graphics on one track will i still be needing to tweak them for other tracks :confused: :D

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It depends on the track, and when it was made, and by whom.

Every ISI track has in some ways been a learning experience. FPS on Lime Rock is probably what you should be setting for at the moment.