[WIP] Detroit - Belle Isle Park

Discussion in 'Locations' started by jpalesi, Apr 5, 2017.

1. boxer

boxer Registered

Looking great...:)

now if only S397 could deliver on ISI license car...
    My favorite series of all time.

Guimengo likes this.
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd offer to paint the darn thing. 1995 and 1986.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The 80's and 90's CART cars were just so damn sexy with the early 2000 cars looking quite ecent aswell. IRL cars and modern Indycar look just like some ugly transformers in comparison. Luckily there are alot of races available on YT and even the officical indycar channel uploaded quite a few of those classic races. It was a golden era with alot of fantastic drivers and races. :)

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm not going to try and get this too off topic.

A conversion of iDT CART 1994-1995, is WIP
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....dders-indycar-indylight-1995-rule-book.54927/

While there isn't an CART 1986, I can raise you 1984 and 1988. These are for rF1.

CART 1984 could use a few more skins painted.
    http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t18712-cart-1984

CART 1988 is a complete mod with all the cars. Tracks are WIP
    https://pretendracecars.net/2017/03/23/cart-88-has-been-released-for-rfactor/

Permission pending, and converter pending, seeing these in rF2 would be amazing. I just wish I had the knowledge to be able to do it.

pkelly likes this.
  5. toebee

toebee Registered

I haven't had to do any water yet, but something I want to do in the future will require it. Have you had a look at Longford? WooChoo did a pretty nice job with it there.

6. Stan

Stan Registered

There is one CART 1986 by LFB (LeftFootBraking), if you want it and are not able to find, let me know!

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm pretty sure those just a CART repaint of an F1 model? I could be wrong though

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You are right

9. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

That looks mighty, well done.

10. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

NOLA is very far from Detroit. Likely the type of grass there is not the same. Michigan is very green unless we stay in the 90's and get little rain.

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

My comment was not aimed at the topic of local differences of grass and vegetation. It's simply oversaturated going by those screenshots and I am not the only one who noticed it. You can't use life like color saturations in most game environments. ;)

12. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Thanks, I had a look and I could get something that's a bit better, but still underwhelming. A proper built-in water shader would be handy, but I'm not seeing that happening.

As I said, I didn't make a proper color correction since the track is far from being finished. And he does have a point. You cited NOLA as an example, and it's not exactly a good one since the grass in NOLA is the same old blurry grass texture you can find in the previous ISI tracks.

Grass in NOLA rF2 looks nothing like real life NOLA grass. Not even close. And apparently I'm one of the rare people having seen it. That, or it's easier to comment on a WIP modding track than on a release by the devs ;)

ApexModding, 2ndLastJedi and Guimengo like this.
  13. dradecki

dradecki Registered

JP, how are you doing the water. Looks very nice.

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Again, you both miss the point. I did not tell you to use the NOLA grass textures or anything. I am talking about color saturation wich is something different and in that regard the ISI/Studio 397 tracks work good in the engine. Anyway, I guess you will work on this in the future so good luck with the project. If you post WIP images, you might expect people to comment on it, so sorry if you recieved my feedback the wrong way. I have no issues with how NOLA looks, so I don't comment on it. :)

15. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Man watching Indycar this weekend has got me so hyped! This track is one of the best on the calendar and i can't wait to see it in the sim... It looks great and the multiple versions are insane! Don't mean to be "That" guy... But do you have any updates on the project :)

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same here, watched the IMSA race too and can't wait for this track ;)

Quic Vic and samcar304 like this.
  17. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Nothing to report I'm afraid.

18. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Fine by me, Masterpieces take time and i'm sure this is gonna be one of the greats :)

19. Dan Goodell

Dan Goodell Registered

The grass and trees are that green its quite lush on belle isle. And the only issue i see is the kerbs are supposed to be blue and white i cant wait to drive this im a local detroiter who is very excited for this

20. djfil007

djfil007 Registered

Looking forward to hearing more about this project. Will keep an eye out on Steam Workshop for this to subscribe.