Desperate for help

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by slimsymeat, Feb 16, 2018.

1. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Thanks but that hasn't worked either. I'm stumped and I haven't got another router to try either.

2. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Still can't see it in the list. Also tethered to my phone and that doesn't work. Even spoke to TalkTalk, desperate measures and they were no help and didn't have a clue what I was on about when I mentioned loopback, guess nothing in there script for that.

3. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Ok, I missed that bit with the shortcut to the game and not the server, what happens now is I get attempting direct connect and it just sits there. I put in the ip for the host in the shortcut. I run the host on my laptop and try to log on via my gaming pc.

4. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Hi, I've tried that too. So in target I put in +connect then the ip of the laptop and still don't get a connect. When I ping nothing too.

5. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Try this,
    Run cmd.exe (command prompt) on both computers.
    Type ipconfig and write down the iP4 address of both, i.e. 192.168.0.140 and 192.168.0.142 (of course your iP4 numbers will be different)
    Then go to Port forwarding on the modem and add the rF2 ports of both computers :
    54297 TCP + UDP
    64297 TCP
    64298 UDP
    64299 UDP
    so this port list should appear twice in the port forwarding list with the different IP addresses of the two computers.

6. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Thanks so much for the DM Mangoletsi, it is all working now, I have the steamcmd on my laptop and can log on from my games machine.

Mangoletsi likes this.
  7. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hi! Apologies for reopening this old thread, but this is exactly the problem I have. I managed to setup a dedi with steamcmd on a separate laptop (running Ubuntu for more fun), and after getting the vmod and dedi running correctly I could not join it from the same network.

I did a quick search on google for Ubuntu NAT loopback but found 10 vastly different answers. Tried one, didn't work (my interfaces file already had a rule for loopback).

The funny thing is that two days ago I managed to join my own server, that was on wifi (not sure if it makes a difference, it shouldn't). now that I am on ethernet I can't. Rules are set up the same way on my UK Virgin Media's superhub, just a different IP as machine was on .44 when on wifi and .45 when connected via cable.

Any thoughts on how to solve it?