DD's F3 ROOKIES - Changes to Room

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, May 10, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^^ Wicked vision DD. One thing for sure is that there much to look forward to in sim racing's future!

2. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hiya DD,

I don't believe that this method works well.

Last night I couldn't join your server.

I found that I would have to go back and download older versions of tracks I already have.

I'm doing my best to keep my home machine up to date with the game and not let it get too polluted/confusing with older versions of tracks and such. I'm sure others are as well.

I would have needed to re-download 3 tracks to run 1 with you. My download speed is between 80 and 150kb/s so, it takes more than just a few minutes to get them.

As time goes by and more and more tracks are released and updated, this problem only exasperates itself.

It will work, after the game goes gold and only final releases of MODs are used in the making of vMODs. (I'm not saying that this will happen automatically)

I will always be using one track per vMOD. That way, worst case scenario is that you need to get one track.

This will also make it easier for the noobie that hasn't downloaded any tracks yet.

Lastly... let's get your "Get Mod" feature work'n. PM me your multiplayer.ini file, and we'll get you set!

If you'd like, download and install Team Viewer (not for profit version), and I can do it from here.

Cya on the track,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks BB I will attach MP here.

As for old tracks I have none installed here is folder as per latest MOD today.

View attachment 4697 View attachment 4698

Palm Beach and Mills are the only doubles and that is because versions were split between builds and packages. ?

But I do not install the earlier versions in my MODs ? I see no reason too, I mean of course if people cant use it that is different story.

If you download the latest track torrent and deselect all older versions and have ISI BT20 and 1960s and tracks installed any of my mods should work.

I have had the normal regulars joining they have had no issues ( I usually get a PM and it ends being a update problem ) and I would hope like you more would post if they can't get in.

To use my mods you are going to have to be up to date daily.
    I will have mod up within 24hour window till then I leave the old one up.

ie: uninstall older version track, uninstall my mod, install update track install my mod.

Give the latest modern one today a go please Bryan be doing rubber for MSR layouts next few hours............

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

5. Bryan Birtwell

Hey, I'm glad your room has action... maybe I should save $45/month... lol.

As far as being able to use your vMODs... I guess that works out ok, if you can keep all the tracks up to date... I can't.

IsI is now telling me that your multiplayer.ini file is "invalid". I'll pm you the txt.

Ok scruffy? LOL!

Hope this helps,

Bryan

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I changed the MP .... H tried to re download, no joy but rooms working with it.

Might be ports, I thought if I can host np that downloads would work by default. ?

Apparently mine never have . ...... lopl

If you look from other perspective Bryan were do you draw the line what version you host.
    So if others like you that do not have latest versions which do I load for how long.
    Then we may be missing out on fixes.

On any other sim server as soon as a update was released everyone would be updating the car and mod.

I thought with Modern and Historic I will just put up whichever I am not updating.
    I put the updates in thread but do not include the mod for 24 hours.

I included all BT20-60s now like you do BB but as you know I more likely to run F3.

But anyone wants to run a room of all 1960s and tracks will have 2 mods with up to date tracks and F3 rubber from me.

Once there is enough tracks we will find other ways to refine mods by series, country , class, etc

7. Bryan Birtwell

Exactly...

Actually, last night you had at least one track that was two versions older than what was on my machine, here.

When I download a new track/update to track, I make a new vMOD which I keep until I download the new track/update to track. I do this pretty much on a daily basis. But, I only download the track I plan on making the vMOD for... One at a time. So, I'm not making anyone "miss out" on anything. Unless there is a new secret version of Nords, I'm not aware of. 8*D

I'm not saying my solution is good...

I'm just saying with your method, I literally could be downloading for a couple of hours per night... Which will never happen.

My way... somebody might have to download one track. (that's usually a half hour for me)

There probably never will be a good solution... Not as far as my mind wanders anyways...

As long as you can't download absolutely everything you need from the server, in the matter of a few seconds... It ain't gonna work.

As long as tracks can be updated on a hourly basis... It ain't gonna work...

Just my humble opinion.

This in no means is meant to be taken as a "my way or the high way" type of deal. I guess I'm just explaining my absence from your server.

Hope this helps,

BB

8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

There is a saying that owners look like their dogs, in this case that is so very true :D
    RIP Scruffy.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

10. Bryan Birtwell

Here ya go... I guess I can't post a file here, either.

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2012 ]] [[ ]]
    [MULTIPLAYER]
    [ Multiplayer General Options ]
    Net Connection Type="6" // 0=28k, 1=56k, 2=ISDN, 3=128kbps cable/dsl 4=256+kbps cable/dsl, 5=LAN, 6=custom
    Upstream Rated KBPS="8042" // Rated uploading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Downstream Rated KBPS="8042" // Rated downloading speed of connection, in kilobits per second
    Bind IP="0.0.0.0" // By setting this to anything other than 0.0.0.0 will cause network traffic to bind to the specified IP. This should only be set if the host machine has more than one network adapter
    Multiplayer Enum Type="1" // 0=LAN, 1=Internet
    Multiplayer Sort Type="0" // 0=Ascend, 1=Decend
    Multiplayer sort field="0" // Default to 0 to sort by game name
    Multiplayer sort value="" // Blank implies wildcard search
    Multiplayer filter password servers="0" // Setting to true will add filter to only search for servers that have a password and discard all servers without a password
    Multiplayer filter first operand="" // Blank implies no filtering will be done, otherwise this operand must be a field in the active server list
    Multiplayer filter operator="" // Blank implies no filtering will be done, operator can be either >, <, or =
    Multiplayer filter second operand="" // Blank implies no filtering will be done, otherwise this must be string value
    Multiplayer auto retrieve servers="1" // If true then game will auto download server list when possible. If false, it won't and user will have to manually download the list
    Net Flush Threshold="472" // threshold for auto-accumulation flush while building data chunks (default is standard MTU of 536, minus 64 bytes room for layer headers: 472)
    WAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    WAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing
    Allow Chat In Car="1" // whether to allow incoming chats to appear while in car
    Autoscroll Chat="1" // whether to auto-scroll chatbox as new chats arrive
    Colorcode Chat="1" // whether to color-code chats in the chatbox
    Display Laggy Labels="0" // whether to display vehicle labels on vehicles with laggy connections
    Delay Vehicle Graphics="1" // if true, delay loading vehicle graphics when clients join in order to reduce the pause
    Temporary Vehicle Graphics="10" // number of vehicle graphical instances to load at init time for temporary use when clients join (if number is exceeded, quality will deteriorate)
    Extrapolation Time="2.00000" // Extrapolation time (in seconds) before car disappears
    Position Spring="16.00000" // Position spring at 1000ms latency (lower latencies have stronger springs, higher latencies have same springs)
    Orientation Spring="28.00000" // Orientation spring at 1000ms latency
    Damping Multiplier="1.00000" // 1.0 = critical damping, higher values are overdamped, lower values are underdamped and not recommended
    Path Prediction="1.00000" // Influence of the AI path on remote vehicle prediction (0.0-1.0)
    Remote Vehicle Collision="200.00000" // Maximum distance from current vehicle that we will run collision on remote vehicles to prevent them from appearing to go through walls
    Leave/Join Messages="3" // 0=none 1=in-car 2=monitor 3=both
    Buddy List Announce="1" // whether to allow other players to see what game you are in
    Auto Join Chat Server="0" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up
    Spectator Mode="0" // Join games in spectator mode (rather than with a separate vehicle)
    Spectator Starting View="4" // Preferred starting camera view as spectator
    Spectate Vehicle="" // Preferred vehicle to spectate upon join
    Show Seating="0" // Show vehicle seating and status (driver/passenger/spectator) when vehicle labels are on
    Lobby Chat Nickname="" // Nickname to use in Lobby Chat, if this is blank player name will be used
    Live Updates="1" // whether to download news and UI elements on game load. (28.8s turn this off)
    Auto Exit="0" // whether to automatically exit after leaving auto-hosted/auto-joined games
    Download Custom Skins="0" // whether to automatically download skins from when clients join server with custom skins

[ Multiplayer Server Options ]
    Default Game Name="F3 Fanatics! NRT Server" // Name of last multiplayer game we hosted
    Collision Fade Thresh="0.70000" // Collision impacts are reduced to zero at this latency
    Announce Allowed="1" // Whether to announce server to matchmaker
    Announce Host="1" // Whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service
    In developement="0" // Whether server is running an unchecked mod. Server will not be listed in normal matchmaking queries
    Closed Qualify Sessions="0" // 0 = open to all, 1 = open but drivers will be pending an open session, 2 = closed
    Closed Race Sessions="1" // 0 = open to all (currently N/A), 1 = open but drivers will be pending an open session, 2 = closed
    Enforce Real Name="0" // Whether Server will display real name used at time of account creation
    Rejoins When Closed="1" // whether disconnected players are allowed to join closed sessions
    Driver Swap Setups="1" // whether vehicle setup is transferred during driver swaps (except steering lock and brake pressure) ... note that UI garage is now loaded for vehicle when you become a passenger
    Nagle Algorithm="0" // whether server's system messages are delayed for better packing (lower bandwidth, but some clients see unacceptable delays)
    Loading Sleep Time="0" // Milliseconds that dedicated server sleeps between each instance while loading tracks and vehicles
    Loading Priority="1" // Dedicated server's priority level when loading tracks and vehicles: 0=low, 1=normal, 2=high
    Pause While Zero Players="1" // Whether to pause a dedicated server (and stay in practice session) if no human players are present
    HTTP Server Enabled="1" // Whether the dedicated server starts a HTTP server
    HTTP Server Max File Size="1000" // Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide
    HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path
    Allowed Traction Control="0" // max level 0-3
    Allowed Antilock Brakes="0" // max level 0-2
    Allowed Stability Control="0" // max level 0-2
    Allowed Auto Shift="0" // max level 0-3
    Allowed Auto Clutch="1" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Invulnerability="0" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Opposite Lock="0" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Steering Help="0" // max level 0-3
    Allowed Brake Help="0" // max level 0-2
    Allowed Spin Recovery="0" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Auto Pit="0" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Auto Lift="1" // max level 0-1
    Allowed Auto Blip="1" // max level 0-1
    Forced Driving View="0" // 0=no restrictions on driving view, 1=cockpit/tv cockpit/nosecam only, 2=cockpit/nosecam only, 3=cockpit only, 4=tracksides
    Must Be Stopped="0" // Whether drivers must come to a complete stop before exiting back to the monitor
    Allow AI Toggle="0" // Whether users are allowed to toggle to AI control on the fly
    Allow Spectators="1" // Whether to allow spectator clients to join the server.
    Allow Passengers="1" // Whether to allow spectators to join a car as a co-driver/passenger. If set to 1 and Allow Spectators is set to 0, spectators will be kicked from the game during the Race Session.
    Allow Hotswaps="0" // 0=drivers can only change at pitstops using the pit menu, 1=Drivers can switch at anytime with the Driver Hotswap key
    Allow Spectator Chat="1" // Whether to allow spectators to send chat messages
    Allow Passenger Chat="1" // Whether to allow passengers to send chat messages
    Max MP Players="31"
    Max Data Per Client="9999" // if desired, a per-client upload limit (in kbps) will be used if lower than the computed throttle rate
    Unique Vehicle Check="0" // server setting, will check client vehicles to deny duplicates of the same vehicle
    Minimum AI="0" // server will ensure this number of AI, but only at the beginning of practice/qual sessions
    Maximum AI="30" // prevent more than this # of AI (there may be other limits)
    Vote Percentage Add AI="60" // must EXCEED this percentage to pass vote for adding AI (set to 100 to disable)
    Vote Percentage Next Session="60" // must EXCEED this percentage to pass vote to advance to next session (set to 100 to disable)
    Vote Percentage Other="60" // must EXCEED this percentage to pass vote for race restart, event restart, or load next race (set to 100 to disable)
    Vote Min Voters="1" // minimum voters required to call vote (except for adding AIs)
    Vote Max Race Restarts="20" // maximum race restarts called by vote
    SuperAdminPassword="" // Chat "/admin <password>" to become super-admin. Super-admins are secret and can change the regular admin password with "/apwd <new_password>" (which also removes all current regular admin control).
    Admin Password="" // Chat "/admin <password>" to become admin (make sure admin and super-admin passwords are different). Exit or chat "/admin" to become non-admin. One super-admin plus three regular admins are now allowed.
    Admin Functionality="1" // 0 = non-admin's can NEVER call or vote, 1 = non-admin's can't call or vote if admin is present, 2 = non-admin's can call and vote, but admin's vote wins, 3 = if non-admin calls, all voting is normal, but any admin calls win instantly
    Allow Any Event="1" // 0 = don't allow users to vote for specific tracks, 1 = allow users to vote for any track in server list, 2 = allow users to vote for any track, note that admins can do anything
    Test Day="0" // 0 = normal sessions (practice, qualifying, warmup, race), 1 = 30-hour test "day"
    Practice 1 Time="60" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of minutes for practice 1 (1-10 by 1, 15-90 by 5, 105-165 by 15)
    Qualifying Time="40" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of minutes for qualifying (1-10 by 1, 15-90 by 5, 105-165 by 15)
    Qualifying Laps="255" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of laps allowed in qualifying
    Warmup Time="0" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of minutes for warmup (1-10 by 1, 15-90 by 5, 105-165 by 15)
    Race Client Wait="32" // Seconds to wait at the beginning of a race session for clients to get ready and go to grid
    Allow Hotlap Completion="16" // Allow hotlap completion before switching sessions (1=testday/practice1 2=practice2 4=practice3 8=practice4 16=qual, 32=warmup, 63=all)
    Delay Between Sessions="30.00000" // Dedicated server delay before switching sessions automatically (after hotlaps are completed, if option is enabled), previously hardcoded to 45
    Delay After Race="90.00000" // Dedicated server additional delay (added to "Delay Between Sessions" before loading next track
    Server Session End Timeout="300" // Session is advanced automatically after N seconds after completion (non-dedicated server only)
    Client Fuel Visible="2" // whether fuel level is visible in results file (0=never, 1=on clients, 2=on server, 3=both)
    Pit Speed Override="0.00000" // pitlane speed limit override in meters/sec (0=disabled)
    Enable Autodownloads="1" // Whether to allow clients to autodownload files that they are missing.
    Unthrottle Prefix="_" // Prefix of any clients to be unthrottled (use with caution!)
    Unthrottle ID="-9999999" // Unique ID of client to be unthrottled (use with caution!)
    Lessen Restrictions="0" // Allows careful users to test the limits
    Join Password="" // Password for clients to join game
    MOTD="" // Message of the day

11. Bryan Birtwell

DD,

For the record... Everything resides on the desktop on the server.

It might be best to get your remote desktop working and visit the server yourself, so you can see how NRT puts it together.

Or, if you can get Team Viewer working on your box, I'll install it on the server.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks.

Winrar :)

13. Bryan Birtwell

Heya DD,

I just tried to install Team Viewer on the server to see if it would make it easier for you to log onto it...

Team Viewer is a "No Go" on my server. It insists on installing the commercial version because, the OS is Server 2003.

Sorry Bud,

BB

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I already apologized what do you want.........

Like I said we had only ever used a Pace Car at Indy and that is gone now.

People should learn to be more patient not swearing and bagging people and the room.

I thought it was terrible I was at a pub and you talked to me like that you would regret it.

After months of hosting and trying to people that is what you get.

I asked Hector on 2 of the 4 times........." do you really want me to RS again , he said yes please "

Maybe if you all turned your chat on you would have seen it.

My room has always been I WILL RESTART AS MANY TIME AS I LIKE...... and stuff anyone who does not like it.

I too sick and too tired to worry about BS so I decided to give up onlining again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I've been experiencing random crashes on Indy when the session goes to race, just freezes and i have to shut the game down through task manager. By the time i rejoined you were all still on the pace car lap, seeing as it was a 20minute race and had been in the server for ages it was great to get the chance to join in. However, rf2 crashed again and again. The last time i entered it was better to let you all go ahead and race but what i saw... can not be blamed on DD! DD might like to mount the pace car from behind(lol) if he is on the front row but this shouldn't really affect the pace lap, it gives you a laugh though. So anyway there was someone caught on the front of the pacecar being dragged along.. how did you manage that?! whoever it was.. and also as the pace car was coming down the main straight to turn off for the start, there was an almighty pileup which was not DDs doing. If i were to go back and watch it again, i'm sure i could pick a few people out who were not doing what they should have been doing. Frustrations were likely high at the number of restarts but it's not really an excuse.

It's not cool when things like this happen as it spoils/ends the race for a lot of people before it has even begun. The knock on effect is that it also alienates people who were trying to inject a little harmless fun and overall do the right thing so that people have a good online experience.

Anyway, lessons have been learned and i hope that we can forget about this and move onwards and upwards :)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Price Tag says it all H, listen to words. lopl ;) some funny compares....

That is what I said to them on pace lap ..... "H has been here all day stuff that "

All I ever wanted to do was help people who get left behind and they get as much enjoyment as me, maybe I should have just been a cold uncaring mute and concentrated on my lapping instead.

Tell me how many PROS would have missed out on races at my F3 ROOKIES *Training at Spa Builds 45-60 if not for Restarts, no matter what reason ?

Beggars belief. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yeah i'm familiar with it, being from the UK and because of my girlfriend of course.. :rolleyes: lol

Especially like the bit about looking to the left and right, i can really relate to that lol :cool:

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Duuuude - I cant get into your server anymore and no Get Mod?

I updated to Windows 8 but carried erryting across and its all working otherwise...got all new tracks did you change the mod again?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

GET MOD still don't work hey, damn

No using BBs one from "Havoc" lol

Other 2 mods have not changed either.

You sure you checked they all enabled.

Oh swapping to W8 you dont need to .

Why did you use W8 stuff with a perfect rF2 OS lol :)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

we can do BB's INDY or my BT20-1960 MODERN

..or we can use DJs Mirror Mod Trackpack

or BT20-1960 HISTORIC for 60-70's track.......whatever you prefer

As soon as I learn how to make the mod I will redo the 2 packs first track updates.

Rubber pack I will update as tracks added.

Just remember mine and DJs have no early versions.

His will be updated weekly or sooner I will try to do as soon as tracks are released.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012