[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Just installed the plug-in and motec and it’s great :)
    Silly question though and I’ve probably missed a step but my telemetry seems to be missing the steering input
    What have I missed?
    Stu

2. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

The standard MoTeC displays are linked to specific outputs that might not match the plugin output. If you don’t have anything showing it’s either this or you haven’t opened up the telemetry as there are other outputs. If so then they are in the channel list which is detailed in the first post? You can then align the MoTeC chart with any of the available outputs from the plugin.

StuartAM likes this.
  3. jepeto

jepeto Registered

hello,
    where is the folder to find Damplugin.ini ?
    thanks for your quote

4. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks @Scoopscat7 just had to pick the correct channel

5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

found

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi,

Scoopscat7's reply has probably covered this off, matching the channel name in the graph(s) is obviously required for anything to show.

If you're just getting started with a project, or i2Pro, or telemetry in general, you should be aware there are 2 things that relate to 'steering':
    • Steering wheel angle, which the plugin logs as "Steering Wheel Position"
    • Steered angle, which you will need to calculate yourself
    Steering wheel position is obviously an indication of what you did with the steering wheel, so is certainly relatable, but depending on the steering ratio a given input here may not be comparable to an input in a different car or with a different setup.

Steered Angle is often used instead, and represents the direction of the front wheels (in relation to the car body). This is not only consistent across car setups and different cars, but also tends to be more useful in other calculations. Though I guess those two aspects are really products of the same thing.

Simplest way to get Steered Angle is to create a new Maths expression for it, and define it as ('Toe FL' [deg]+'Toe FR' [deg])/2

Then, as usual, you'd need to add it to a Time/Distance graph, or use it in other expressions if desired.

StuartAM likes this.
  7. StuartAM

StuartAM Registered

Thanks @Lazza i do remember reading something about a calculation for steering but didn’t quite understand till your post