Creating a mod problem

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by f1ligue, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Have found the same thing. :confused:

2. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I have noticed that the .rfcmp files i have created also get installed to the Core folder as well as the Installed folder, so i now have 4 copy's of the same files, the .rfcmp, .rfmod, Installed dir and Core dir??

Also after installing the .rfcmp, the .rfmod does allow me to install it but when it gets halfway through the install process the mod just disappears from the mod manager and never comes back, and in the log i get "Mod "**** 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory"

****Mod name starred out due to being a secret.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ Scott...

i have followed your tutorial to the letter...even making a working folder the same as you have...when i create a .rfmod package i get a green light...if i then click install in Mas2.exe it creates and intalls to a new folder called Core (in my work folder) and installs it in the same way as mas files are kept in the the game core

if i copy the .rfcmp and rfmod files to my game data/packages which gets rid of the problem mod it also installs to my games core folder (just the mas files in the same way as the normal core mas files are)...the game is then using these mas files in single and multiplayer...not the ones in my data folder which were also installed aswell

mate im not a noob lol...i can get my own mod into the devolopment section working sweet...but something is seriously wrong here :confused:

p.s. i have my game installed to seperate core and data folders (rFactor 2 Core...rFactor 2 Data)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Followed the same tutorial, same results... tried mixing with the instructions sitting next to mas2.exe, everything works perfectly until all the components I've 'included' (but unticked, so they aren't actually in the package) are reported as not installed... despite the fact that they were installed was what allowed me to include them in the first place.

We know it's possible, apparently, because you gave us mods :p ... maybe we're trying to do things that aren't possible... maybe there's some line in a RFM or other file that's tripping it up, maybe there's some special sequence of button clicks that were obvious to you guys but we're missing.

Can't wait for more detailed instructions...

5. dv8r

dv8r Registered

Also experiencing this, after dropping in a full mod 100mB ( everything ticked), it then tells me a problem mod,
    so i install the 3 .rfcmp (30 + 30 + 40 mb) files individually,
    then it will allow me to install mod, to which it either crashed the mod manager or in game gets half way through then disappears.

When using 'all tracks and vehicles' i was able to use my rfcmp's fine, but it is not liking my .rfmod.

Something not normal going on here, but I can see where this is heading though, and i think its a good idea, and will be much better when all i need is 1 file, drop and install.

6. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Yeah, as stated while I was making that video a couple bugs were found (don't know WHEN they go in there) and fixed. Things should go a lot smoother after the upcoming beta update. You'll probably have to remake you components/mods because of a format change though. Sadly, that's one of the downsides of Open Betas--bugs ;)

7. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

I am very frustrated.

I take some hours trying to make an installation for a mod and there are always problems. This system is very complex, very confused and very bad. In rFactor it was very easy to make an installation, each file and each folder went in his place, simple, but now everything is a problem.

I don't understand why this has been made, because at the end, each league make his own installation and avoids his members give mistmach.

Also, I find difficult to read the documentation, even to write this simple message, because my language is not English.

In this moment I have desires to request the refund and forget everything.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

they said the mas2.exe was bugged 2 weeks ago and wait for the update mate :rolleyes:

9. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Ok, thank you.

Sorry for my previous post. I was a little frustrated.