Could we be getting Nordeschliefe this way?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pleclair, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The news from SimBin hammering down GMT's conversion is certainly deceiving.

Just thinking...

It's safe to think that most serious rF2 players want this track, right?

Just how bad do you want it? And how bad do you want ISI to license that track, and model a few layouts across it's history?

From it's early days till now?

Couldn't we raise funds from the community to help ISI license and give a motive to license the track?

I would glady pay up to a new lifetime license just to have this happen. Would you?

I bet this track is more expensive to license than most, and may be a reason why ISI haven't already gotten it?

Is it something that would be possible to do? I have no knowledge about legal issues, so I wouldn't know.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yep I'd chip in

Rf2 in serious need of a batch of (quality) tracks

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Kickstarter.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Or indiegogo wich is better i think.
    I dont think you need get ISI to do the job actually, there are some good track guys around. Not sure if license on that would be needed as you wouldnt sell it afterall. Funds would go for what is needed and time put in it.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I would pay 20$ FOR IT if ISI release it as a DLC!

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I would be genuinely interested to know how much the Nurburgring charges for licensing. Last I heard the circuit was experiencing severe financial difficulties.

7. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Really bad news about GMT. Was really looking forward to it :/ I would pay extra to get this track in RF2....

8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Good way or bad way, we getting Nordeschliefe at any cost :mad:

9. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I'm not a fan of it being released as paid DLC by ISI. I'd rather it be as pleclair mentioned, where we pay some sort of money up front and then ISI uses that money to license Nurburgring.

I'm totally in.

10. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Oh, also, I should have mentioned, yes, I want it to be ISI, not feels or someone else, because as much as I like feels' tracks (they really are fantastic), I also want this to be an official track so that the rF2 community might grow from it.

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Agreed. ISI's have done an amazing job with Silverstone. Someone actually said this was laser scanned quality, and they didn't used LS.

Plus, with a proper license, they could model layouts from all eras. That would be the most interesting part!

Nords history!

I'd like to know what Tim think about this? Would it be a possibility?

This is such a great track, with historical background.. if ISI shows to the people over there what they can do, they will surely be interested in having the history of Nords being set in stone in rF2 and would therefore live on forever (or at least for a good while! Could even follow in next rF2 sims?)

It would still be nice to get Nurbs at the same time... like I said, I'm not a long time follower of those tracks, but still love them as much, but is the Nurb circuit part of the Nords one? So if they do Nords, would they have a part done for Nurbs? That's what I mean...

12. Maug

Maug Registered

Stop the drama, i've heard there was another version of the track that will be worked on by com8 himself by GMT, com8 version's.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  13. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

com8 is at simbin if im not wrong and i hardly belive somebody there will be doing a new big free project for competition. Than simbin would rather give a go for old version than giving there guy doing that.

14. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hello,

This is a bad new for GMT but we will have Nordschleife ;) , in our french Forum we had too the info that Com8 (that work now for Simbin ;) ) is working on a better version for rFactor2 :D , and Simbin is OK for this...
    So Nordschleife in rF2 is not a dream :D ...

Edit: OK, not exactly that, Com8 did not work ont it, but GMT will convert the com8 rF1 Nordschleife for rF2 (if GMT is OK of course, but it's accepted by Simbin :) ).

15. Magzire

Magzire Registered

If the quality is there so is my money!

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry, what exactly happened with Simbin and the Nord track??

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

Bummer !

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

And now my Napster support in the 90's side is coming out and I hope and pray "Someone" but definitely not anyone with a name or traceable in the magic internet world comes along and F__KS simbin in their ass for making ****ty games and releases this track on the pirate bay for every sim and non-sim and even freaking Mario-Kart because... I said so.

FFFFFFFFFF.

20. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Simbin now is the anti-Christ for me...

First they used GTR3 to advertise R3E and then nothing...they still have that gtr3 site with the images and sound that clearly looks like R3E.
    So they got us in that first.

Now the "F2P" model...What are "mods"? Mods are cars and tracks with its physics and details etc...but more than anything cars/tracks...Can be "self made" (the ones I prefer), converted from old content or from other games (which is "illegal" because that content was made under a paid licence for certain developers, and we all know licences are not cheap at all).
    Because of this I can agree with Simbin here, they are right...people/modders should make their own thing and not take advantage of what "they have" already...because it is not yours...as simple as it is.

The "F2P" model works like any other game but with the difference added that you don´t need to pay for the base game, but you need to pay for its CONTENT.

Content = cars and tracks...But what happen if I use the word "MODS" instead?

Simbin made a whole game which basically sells you MODS under paid licences...and not cheap ones at all (the "mods").

Now I understand at 100% why you "could do this" (conversions) before but "not now". They just want to sell their own mods. As simple as that.
    Before, they sold you a full game with all its content...they made money at day one after you purchased their game so they won´t care that much what happened after that.
    Now they can´t make money that "fast" so they are depending in how well their mods OR cars and tracks are selling.

They choose this method and it is probably not working as they expected.

They probably saw how good "their track" looked and of course, rF2 is the competence...More content other games have, less people will pay for theirs. Why? Because it is FREE and the base game is a better product overall.

Simple logic.

I personally prefer an entire game full of content and then enjoy it in all its glory with a single payment instead of a "F2P" game that at the end of the day "it may get expensive" and you can´t enjoy it at 100%. (100% means all the cars, tracks and the variety that racing can give you)
    Games are games...if you limit that game it becomes boring really quick.

I´m pissed, things are changing and not for the better. But one thing is sure...modders...do your own thing. ;)

(If I said something wrong or out of place sorry...)

(Simbin, you made it personal now...loved Race07 and all its expansions, GTR2 is great and R3E is not that bad but no GTR3...bad, too bad...)

Edit: About "a way to have Nordschleife", can be a modder with the balls of do that track from scratch or by ISI getting the licence for it...I prefer the second option of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.