Copy/paste conversions infecting other sims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esteve Rueda, Apr 26, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I finished with
    and a grin

Clearly you do not get me.

..........but don't accuse me of BS , starting fights

I wasn't even asking you those questions personally :)

All I did was put my point of view

Anyways no one that cares about what others think put rips here ............only people that don't.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Totally misread it.

I said that on my behalf.

I would be among most staunch against rips and cross conversions here.

Some people think I am against any sim ever having Isle of Man besides GPL. lopl

That was all....... I was saying that is not me....... in case anyone reading thinks it. :)

I had enough PMs tell me that is what I think. lopl

I have selfish reasons this ever increasing new concept worries me.

Modders like Neel Jani and others do quality conversions for all Gmotor, they tweak , fix bugs and improve visuals, update.

They may be more selective in the future what they do.

We may end up with more quick crappy conversions then fixed ones.

Said my peace in this thread, I know the majority do not agree my outlook, np, that's fine too.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, now I get it; you can put words in peoples mouth's and attack them on it as long as you finish with a "lolp" and a grin!

Sorry; I did not know that.
    Now I'm tempted to do the same, but I'm afraid of depth's.

So; discussion over.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

People don't get it. The copy and paste mentality has not "infected" other games. Every moddable game has always been like this. Some mods and conversions are good, some are not. That's just a consequence of having amateur modders (which 99% of modders are). It just shows up more in rF1/rF2 because they are the most moddable of all games. AC will have mods that are more or less on par with rF2 mods, many will be shared between platforms. There will be no magic in AC like some people expect.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yep.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Sooo true. And some of the latest WIP tracks for AC are showing that exactly. Thought if guys allready do conversion it would be nice if they atleast try to update it, especially if a track is really old but somehow some people rather do big number of quick conversions that makes rf2/AC looking like f1c.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do yourself a favour and put him on your ignore list. He'll suggest it himself if you keep questioning his posts. Then you won't feel a need to reply and we won't have to see what he said in your quotes.

lopl ;)

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hehe, I'm so sorry I did that to you ;)
    I'll go and look for that button ASAP! :)

Edit; found it!
    Forum looks a lot nicer now :)
    Thanks for the heads-up!

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Where is that "ignore button"? Might prove to be good for my blood pressure... ;)

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Just seen nords for AC actually. Oh my...

AC is quickly going from one of best looking games to worse now. That game got more bad conversions in 2 weeks than rf2 in 2 years.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

God I hope you're not serious Ales, that's a conversion in early alpha stage.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

Offcourse im serius actually and exactly becase its beeing released in such aplha stage but not only with this track but its happening with many others. Have you checked the forum there? Its seems that as some sayed quantity over quality is happening at the moment.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Well, we have the same here (or had.... not sure). Quick RF1 conversions or Rips from other games, just to make a complete F1 Grid for example.

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

AC mods will be on a similar level with rF2. It's a lot of the same groups doing the modding, so it stands to reason that the mods will be similar. That said, a lot of modders having trouble with rF2 modding have been waiting for AC. IMHO if someone is not willing to learn the finer points of rF2 modding and switch to AC because rF2 modding is too hard... AC will end up with the dregs. But that's conjecture, so it remians to be seen. Obviously rF2 will have the edge with features and physics & online, AC will have the edge with graphics. Some modders will prefer prettier mods, some will prefer mods that drive better and that will further split the modding community.

At best the added competition from AC will slow modding for both platforms as the efforts of modders are split between the two. At worst, one of the games withers on the vine while modders all matriculate over to the other. I really don't think AC will be good for sim racing. It's just too niche and there aren't enough sim racers out there.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

That AC mods will be on lever with rf2 nobody minds. Afterall the game rendering makes them look right. But that people are just pushing and pushing with such old tracks i cant get it.
    As ive sayed once. If we actually want to drive all those old content than we dont even need to buy new games and we can stay on those older games to. As just some simple self shadowing or newer shader wont change the fact that the track from texturing and model is to old.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Best to take the "high road" when it comes to this stuff, just ignore it and let it happen. The ISR thread proved that the people who for whatever reason want to see rF2 fail are the immature ones who only throw insults as their argument. Just ignore the hypocrisy. :)

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I think people switching to AC because modding for rF2 is too hard will find themselves disappointed when they find out there is (possibly) not much difference between the two (as far as tracks go). The source will be hardly different I think..

Well to be honest, the only thing that will slow modding for both platforms, is the more than excellent content ISI and Kunos provide us with. Why would anyone bother anymore with flat bobs track builder tracks made from crooked and skewed google earth images you reckon? How harsh this may sound, give it a seconds' thought :) People get used to luxury pretty freaking fast and the same or better quality is starting to get expected from hobbyists, and although I think that isn't entirely fair (lack of resources) it does make sense in a way.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I hate how AC got infected with all those conversions.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This will get absolutely obliterated when the actual track is released a few months from now. I saw a Top Gear test track and it looked poor, I downloaded Philip Island and that one seems to be a more progressive work although it shouldn't be out yet as it's v.52 and there's no need for anything pre-v.90 to be out in public anyway.