Complete uninstall of rF2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jun 4, 2018.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

You attribute it to workshop content, but it could have been any factor associated with reinstallation. rF2 has very sophisticated content management system, so one piece of content cannot affect the other one. If other content could affect grip of other content, it would be disastrous and allow cheating online, etc.

Filip likes this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I had rF2 as my only Sim i used before I got my Rift and played it in 4k with all settings maxed out and did 600 hours that way , then I got Rift and rF2 fell apart!
    It stuttered and paused like crazy and i had spent near 30 hours trying everything possible to rectify it with no luck .
    If it was my graphics card i should notice problems with all other games I play that put massive load on it like AC VR , R3E VR , pC2 VR , Onward VR ,The Forest VR , ROTTR and numerous other titles (all smooth) along with every benchmark still scores what they did when i first got the card . (Superposition 4k optimised 10,289, Firestrike 30,579)
    Im not sure how else or what else I'm supposed to do ? It really shouldn't be that hard ! But as is ,i'll just go on with other titles that work and hope magically something just snaps into place and rF2 will work when I Fire it Up in A few months .

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. me you

me you Registered

I didn't really attribute it to workshop content- I just suspect it was as those were the only changes i had made to the game, and somewhere along the line the cars lost grip. I can't say for sure what it was- but goign back to scratch install without any add ons from workshop the cars now grip liek they are supposed to again. When i originally got the game, I played for several days without downloading any new content- then I learned bout dloadable content and got a few mods- - shortly after that i noticed the change in grip- Especially in the Nascar tracks (as there are lots of long corners i nthose tracks) It was so bad the nascar tracks were unplayable almost- I don't know what caused the issue- but am assuming it was dloaded content as those were the only changes made to the game except for thignsl ike addign my sterrign wheel- changing keybaord assignments etc- none of which shoudl have caused the change in grip