[REL] Celica gto IMSA + semi-fictional track

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by 32_Pixels, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I think I've seen someone ask about templates but didn't get a response. Time will tell if one will be released or not I suppose.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Templates are already released. ;)

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol. Thanks! :)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Read the very first post. There is a link for the template at the end of the very first post.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

I haven't tried it with this mod, but I believe you can create a new AI driver which is pretty much the same as a new team in the old rF1 sense.

What you won't be able to do is paint things not on the template because they're bound up in the MAS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  6. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Why? Just read the comments for what was delivered.
    I´m not saying is bad, full of flaws, i can´t drive or something (like people are assuming). In fact, i like it. But that doesn´t change the fact that is an overrated.
    ASR open wheel are overrated too but i like to drive on Interlagos.
    Simmon PLains Raceway from What21 is underrated and i almost never drive because i don´t like that layout.
    Pleclair, Djcruick and Tosch will never be overrated for what they did/do even if i almost don´t drive much at Nordschleife and i suck when i do.
    Feels tracks, which i don´t play much, but love when i do are not overrated tracks. I feel sad for Feels3 get hired by simbim because was in his schedule to do Interlagos too.
    Just my opinion on reactions. Maybe i´m missing what overrated means. Now people can sue me for what i have said ahah

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, you are missing what it means. Hopefully just a language barrier issue and not that you are delusional.

8. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

No, it means exactly what i thought it means. If you want to be rude to others, at least you should use a dictionary first.
    to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate:
    "I think you overrate their political influence."

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Uh...yeah ok.

Back to what was asked towards you, why is it overrated in your opinion? What makes it overrated?

10. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Like almost opinions on the forum about vehicle mods (see how real ACR formula is) is just a subjective opinion about grip levels, ffb, braking, accelerating power, etc. But i can´t say that about graphics which is undeniable good.

Btw, how many of you already drove a celica gto?

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ok, so it's a physics based statement from you.

Of course, none of us have hard data, or real proof of what that car would be like to drive. It would be a solid bet to say that no-one here has driven it IRL. But we can just make assumptions and general ideas as to what it should go like. Based on the style of car, the look of the aero, the tyre sizes and type, the engine style, etc.
    When I drive it, I notice that it doesn't drive like an F1 car. Or a Clio. Or a kart. Or a Corvette. It has decent "grip" but with the turbo and small lag, you have to work harder to stay on the edge. It's has a decent feeling of what I'd expect it to be like.

It's fine at convincing me to being somewhat close to what the real car may have been like. That's good enough for me, for someone who has spent their spare time creating it all for free. I can't expect anything else, so I can't go and rip the piss that it's not accurate and made with Toyota's data to exact responses, etc.
    Some bugfixing would be great of course, there are a couple of small things that people have noted. Noone would say this is perfect for sure.

If you expect that out of a mod vehicle, you are going to have one empty looking car selection.

12. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Please Minibull, i think we are in the same page. But don´t think i´m ungrateful for what modders do for free.

Imagine that: we both don´t have the experience to drive this but imagine this car is perfect on simulating the real world car. It could be i just doesn´t like the car. People have preferences on simulators and real world too. I just doesn´t think this car is that good. Could be my wheel not be enough strong for what i expected from a car like that or i just doesn´t like the car behavior even it emulate perfectly real world. Could you understand what i mean? Some people doesn´t like modern f1. I like it but i have to trust on ISI that is the real thing (which i don´t think it is).

Saw a video from, i think, one guy triyng to run with Renault f1 which Alonso win championship. There is so many variables to make that car run correctly that i don´t really believe in the performance that i have on rf2 could be translated to real world (disregarding the extremely high gforces). I really think they dumb down these cars so we can have fun.

It´s just my opinion. Isn´t common people praise so much a mod without any data or real life experience (maybe people are misleading by the graphics, it could be like you said - its not a clio, its not a corvette, its not like an f1, so it must be right... i don´t know) and that is why i called overrated. No ofense to modders or to anyone.

13. bwana

bwana Registered

Think you should have started you first post with" IMHO' and not that it matters to anyone but me" . What do you say Mr Hamilton?

14. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

So do you now, so do everybody in all threads. What do you say Sherlock?

pff.. what a joke

15. Emery

Emery Registered

@subiela -

I've confirmed you can create new Drivers/Teams with the Celica GTO mod, just like in other mods. It sounds like you don't know about this capability of rF2, so here are the steps:

1) Select a car
    2) Click on the TUNING button
    3) In the CAR PAINT line, click on CREATEDIR (as if you were preparing for a new skin)
    4) In the VARIANTS line, scroll to the ALT skin (it's the default skin created when you use CREATEDIR)
    5) Click the CREATE button and you'll now be prompted for Driver & Team names.
    6) Go to your UserData\player\Settings\<mod name> directory and replace the default skin with the one you want to use (<mod name> = "Celica GTO" in this case)

If you want to take a step further, you can edit the AI talent for your new driver, too.

16. bwana

bwana Registered

ok lm fine with that. .. Lol.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@ Luis:

I understand and I hinted at a couple of areas that it can improve, but how is this overrated? Some stock content is good but over/underrated too. I have posted some internal testing feedback but I don't know if it actually ever made its way to the team, but just because three pointers can be improved doesn't make this rated more than it should be. It is perfectly fine to have your opinion but you should know not to just throw a statement like that and not offer any support to it. This is v1.0 of the mod and we haven't seen any updates (what if it's being worked on right now?) yet, look at content made by full-time developers and how many revisions are done. This mod is not overrated and it is underutilized.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Wait, what?!?! You can do all this without any mas2 crap? Text files only?!?!?!

Edit - and I want to emphasize the talent file part of this is what I am interested in. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Edit#2 - Nevermind I think I get it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  19. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Guimengo, overrated strictly in the what dictionary says. Without enough data available. I didn´t say is a bad mod and i will never bashing the work that some had on his free time to provide free content to the community ( i don´t have enough knowledge to do something like this and, even if i had and if it was a bad work i would probably try to contribute to improve). I even assume thats could be just me not liking this car or expecting something different.
    It could be just my steering wheel or my setup, who knows. I will edit the "overrated mod" post to what bwana suggest: " IMHO' and not that it matters to anyone but me"

Please people, don´t get me wrong. I´m bashing all of you, not the modder or the mod lol

move on

My spider alert tingled:

yeah Minibull, just like you all did to me after i gave my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ah, so you're bashing people because of their opinions? Cool, glad that's clear.

No third party mod will ever be stunningly accurate without manufacturer input. All must then surely be overrated to you...

Right, this is pointless now