CarStat 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Mee, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Mee

Mee Registered

Hi guys,

Some years ago I created CarStat for rFactor 1. When rFactor 2 came out, I wanted to do the same for it and created a web-based version - which to be honest didn't work in the long term.
    Now though, I can proudly present to you CarStat 2 (the desktop version).

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/scqp47cfx4twbta/CarStat_2.zip
    Installation is very simple: just extract the 2 files in any folder and run CarStat 2.exe. When you start, you will be asked to choose between rFactor 1 and 2 -> choosing rf1 will start CarStat 1.5, choosing rf2 will open the new CarStat 2. If you check the "Remember my choice" checkbox it will automatically start the version you pick (you can disable this later).

CarStat 2 is very similar to the previous version. There are ofcourse a couple of differences:
    - there's more information on the brakes (and the braketemps are shown graphically)
    - the upgradesystem is completely rewritten (this was always a bit crap in CarStat 1). You can pick the upgrades by checking the "Show upgrades" checkbox (when applicable).
    - the tire data is read from the TGM-files
    - there's some extra parameters here and there
    - added extra functionality here and there like an auto-detect function in the vehicle selector

CarStat 2 is an ongoing project, so if you notice any bugs or mistakes, or have a suggestion for a new parameter/graph, please post them in this topic.

There's a manual included if you can't figure it out. The biggest tip is: read the tooltips you get when hovering over a value.

To do list (will be updated):
    - add the track width-statistic
    - include or exclude extra engine friction
    - throttle mapping graph (VolumeFract)

Some screenshots:
    vehselector.png Engine.png brakes.png

Note: you need the .NET Framework v4.5 to run this. If you don't have this, you can download it here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Bailey and Mauro like this.
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Looks cool man, thanks. Will be giving it a go.

3. DA

DA Registered

I can't download. :( You can upload it on the sendspace.com or mega.co.nz?

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Nice, dude! I use CarStat "1" a lot!

5. Mee

Mee Registered

That's very weird. I uploaded it to Mega as well (the link 'mirror' in the first post).

6. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Thanks a lot.
    Glad to see youre back!

7. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi,

very nice tool :) just tried it and found something. in the graphs i can zoom in with mouse button 1 pressed and moving the mouse. but how do i zoom out again? tried the "rescale" button in the engine tab, but nothing happend...

thanks thor

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is awesome man!! Thank you so much!
    All the info I could ever want or need on the rF2 cars. Beautiful stuff. :cool:

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

It looks brilliant! Nice, thanks for making and sharing this.

For those of us who -sorry- never seen this program; is it correct that it gives values from the cars themselves, as they are? It's not giving info of what you did with the car, right? Those are different programs; I was looking for something like this, as it is what I think it is :)

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thank you!

11. Mee

Mee Registered

You can use the scroll wheel to scroll in/out. You can go back to the original view by doing RMB -> you'll get a menu where you can choose "Undo all zoom/pan".
    In the next version the rescale button will also reset the zooming level/panning, it's a quick fix. Thanks for putting it here.

This displays the car's characteristics without any setup changes. So if for example the mass of the car is 800 kg, this is without any setup-dependent fuel.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, great, just what I needed!

One question that's for me important; does it calculate everything in it? With that I mean; it can look at the engine.ini for the power and torque, but there is al multiplier for those in the HDV too. Does the program take that kind of stuf in consideration?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

How come some of the cars' data is encrypted?

15. Mee

Mee Registered

It doesn't calculate that much, it mostly reads the values out of all the files. For the engine, it takes the torque-at-rpm values and converts it to HP or kW.
    For the HDV-multiplier: that's on my to-do list :): "include or exclude extra engine friction"
    The engine multiplier in the upgradefile should already work.

Because ISI (or the mod's creator) doesn't want people to read the modfiles.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I played around with it and I have to say; this is absolutely brilliant mate!!
    Just what I needed, thank you very much!!

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Mee! Thanks for this tool. It is very helpfull :)
    Many thanks.

alex

18. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Hello Mee,

are you planning to extend CarStat2 in regard the TGM file format - since rFactor2 tire characteristics is definited in the TGM files?

19. Mee

Mee Registered

If you or someone else can tell me how, I would be glad to. But for me it's mostly Chinese.

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

you have to point in the tool settings to the data path of you rF2 installation. you can read out the path in rF2 launcher -> advanced data path. Use the same path for the tool and all is fine :)