Cars with performance similar to GT4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gluon, Jan 28, 2019.

1. gluon

gluon Registered

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know which cars you enjoy driving in rF2 that are more or less at the level of GT4 or maybe just a bit slower. Two that come to my mind are the Radical SR3 and the MX5 Spec Miata. I've spent countless hours driving those, but now I'd like to find new gems to have fun with.

I'm not exactly new to sim racing, however I definitely need to improve my skills and IMHO this sort of cars are a good starting point to improve your skills while relaxing at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To train, I advise you the two GT3 DLC (10 cars) and the DLC endurance pack (3 GTE).

= 13 cars good to improve your skills.

In the garage, I suggest you to deactivate totally ABS and TC (to improve your skills) (+ in the UI of course).

3. gluon

gluon Registered

Yeah, I like GT3 and in fact I've been enjoying the Apex Modding GT3 cars for quite a while. The physics and graphics are amazing for a free mod. My next step now is to buy the official GT3 Challengers Pack which looks awesome, although I might also get the previous ones and play around with lots of cars like you suggested. As for the ABS and TC I'm not totally new into sim racing, so I'm already comfortable without them, albeit sometimes it's actually faster to use these two if the cars rely on them by design.

Alex72 likes this.
  4. tpw

tpw Registered

rF2 has a bit of a shortage of lower powered modern tin tops. Have a look at the brilliant BTCC NGTC Mod, specifically the Subaru Levorg which is RWD. This maxes out at ~ 220kmh and is a really fun lower powered drive. It uses the more recent CPM tyre model so has some actual mechanical grip too.

gluon likes this.
  5. gluon

gluon Registered

That looks exactly like the kind of car I'm looking for and judging by the reviews it's a superb mod. Thanks!

6. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah ... exaxctly my opinion... we need at least another two classes below GT3 ... maybe GT4 and something like BTCC, or BMW 235i like in VLN... or TCR

7. gluon

gluon Registered

The BMW M235i Racing is one of my favourite cars in AC and I would love to drive something similar in rF2. It handles quite nicely, while being tricky if you really push it.

Hocician likes this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I really liked the DTM BMW in AC. Would love to have full DTM grid in rF2 though with its awesome physics and FFB. Imagine if S397 announced we get GroupA/DTM grid... I would scream from joy. Or CanAm. :D It will never happen but i would want it badly. Wish i was better at modeling and making mods...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

You can try the gt300 on the workshop, pretty good.

But just one car.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

GT3 cars have TC and ABS so why should he deactivate them?

AMillward, gluon and jayarrbee36 like this.
  11. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

DTM, Can Am... Very good, but not exactly GT4 pace! :p

gluon likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There is a Nissan GT4 in game, also the Camaro GT3 older spec is slightly harder to drive than the cars with newer tires

gluon likes this.
  13. gluon

gluon Registered

Thank you for raising my attention to the Nissan 370Z, which is truly a GT4. After reading an older thread when searching for GT4 I was under the impression that there wasn't a single car in this category, hence why I was asking for something similar to GT4. I'll definitely drive that one. :)

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah, but better. :D

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

What about the flat6 cup? V3.0 is really nice imo. Manual blib is controllable. The RSR gte is much worse if you shift down in 1st

16. gluon

gluon Registered

Even though I was looking for GT4 cars on this particular thread, these Porsche GT3 cup car mod looks amazing and a must subscribe item.

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Guarantee Shane Van Gisbergen will have his turned up for the 12hr on Sunday.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.