Car Not Showing After Vmod Creation

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Jim Beam, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hi

I have a strange problem that i need some help with...

all my cars work and load in Devmode as expected...i created all .rfcmp for my cars that i needed with no errors...i install the components and try offline in "all cars and all tracks" and all of my cars are visible and load and work as expected...i then go to make my VMod and in the car selection area 1 car out of 25 gets a * beside its name and using my VMod offline or online this car disappears from being able to select it...while all other cars work as expected

so while working in devmode and under all cars and tracks in offline mode this particular car works without issue and its only when i make a vmod that i have any problems

ive gone thru all of the naming of this particular car over and over and i would expect that if there was any issue with the car it would also happen in devmode or as a component

are there limits to the amount of cars in vmods or a size limit of a component (mine is 304mb) or has anyone any ideas?

cheers in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

anyone?...ISI?

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Still needing help ISI...

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I guess that is why you shouldn't have cheered??? them in advance(lol, it sounds wrong, don't know if it's the proper word :p )

I would love to help you out, but I myself have no clue ;) BTW, it seems that Tim usually goes through this part of the forum once in every so many time, and then replies to all..... so I suspect you will get your answer, eventually (or should I say 'soon' :p )

EDIT :: this isn't the bug report part of the forum I see..... It looks as if ISI doesn't look in this part much, if at all, so maybe you should/could try it in the bug forum, or the main forum??? Looks as if you'll have better chances of an answer there

EDIT 2 :: Or not (see below :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  6. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Hey Jim, I'm not sure what is going on, but the only effective way to try and debug it is to get content here and check it out. You want to zip it up and send it to me?

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ Gjon thanks for the reply...ill pack it up and send to you asap

@ Nimugp...lol :D

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

well its time for me to look like a goose...while packing it up to send to you Gjon i gave it one last look over and found a } that should of been a { in the gen file and now its fixed...for 3 days i went over and over this same file and never picked it up (frustration must have blinded me lol) and as it worked in dev mode and as a .rfcmp in single player all car and tracks i assumed it was fine...vmods must be more critical to have everything correct?

sorry to take up your time Gjon and thanks again for the offer

ill take that "goose of the week" award back to my cupboard

cheers

9. Tony H

Tony H Banned

lol Jim...atleast you came on to admit it hey, u expert....u know what an expert is dont you... ;-)

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol indeed, how could I have known that :p Edited my post accordingly though ;)

btw, nice to see you solved your problem :)