car fall through terrian

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by WheelNut, Apr 9, 2013.

1. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

i'm converting barbagallo but i have an issue where the car falls through or sinks into the grass i haven't had this problem before
    [​IMG]
    any ideas anyone

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  2. mikecart

mikecart Registered

Problem TDF or AIW

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  3. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

i have tried and checked tdf and aiw
    i have an older 3dsmax version if i save the grass from that one it doesn't sink but i have added a new pit area since
    is there anything in 3dsmax that can cause this

4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

It must be something wrong with material WheelNut. Check again material name and maybe hat target

5. ethone

ethone Registered

In addition to checking the .tdf, also check the scn (or the instance rollout if you directly export the scn through 3ds max) if the mesh in question is tagged as both ColTarget=True and HATTarget=True.

6. Bink

Bink Registered

I'd say you've invented the first realistic rFactor sand trap (bit green though).

about that sinking feeling....

ethone is probably right... But if it does Not happen on your race surface, try putting the race surface material on the grass area, to see if it is then drivable. If drivable, then it is a problem like mentioned above. If not...

... try doing a "reset xform" on the grass in max [edit: go into the hierarchy panel, Affect Pivot Only, and then Align to World, then make sure the pivot is at origin.... get out of hierarchy, then reset xform & collapse stack.. before export.]

Also make sure there is nothing else with the same name.

If still no success, try to copy & paste from another track's 'block' in the tdf that covers materials starting with "grass.." (or whatever your grass material text starts with).

Did the rF2 plug-in create the track's scn file, or did you? [ ..try it the other way ]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  7. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

thx fella's
    i dont know about a realistic sand trap maybe a water hazard lol
    i copy the material sections from the other tracks tdf's
    i get 3dsmax to do the scn in sections i find when i get 3dsmax to do the complete scn in one hit it doesn't work for me
    the falling through was when i was playing with the scn trying to work out the sinking problem i copied true to the grass CollTarget= and left no space between coll & hat lol question should drivable surfaces be collidable
    i went back to original tdf and it didn't sink i'll try doing the tdf again i must be doing something wrong
    what gets me is with the tdf that i did if i save the grass from a older 3dsmax scene it doesn't sink all files are identical except the grass
    thx again everyone