Can't race online after 20.00!

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 4, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi guys,i have a serious problem ,lately I can't race online after a specific hour.
    When i try to join any server it gives mi a message"connection failed",I try again then i can join the server but after some istante it gives me a message "lost connection":mad:
    It happens every damn night and i can't race online. This issues is strange because afternoon i can join any race and any server without problems!
    Please can someone help me?

2. canastos

canastos Registered

It sounds to me like a problem related to your ISP; try downloading some huge file at that time, or uploading one, or even a videoconference; if some of these things fail as well, contact your provider's support department

byyyyyyyyyye

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why a huge file any file would do

4. MJP

MJP Registered

I'd try running a bandwidth meter showing your upload and download speed (might need to run rF2 in a window smaller than your desktop to make it easier to monitor) and join a server and see what happens. Hopefully you'll see what (if any) drop outs there are whether it's the data you're sending the server or the data you're receiving from it. It does sound a little like evening (and weekend) congestion though.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok,i will try this tomorrow,
    thanks!

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I agree. I think it's either your ISP, or family, neighbors screwing with your connection.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks Tim:)I will investigate those days and test my connection at the evening!

8. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

cant join servers with 20 cars .same here.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This story begins to piss me off really!I tested my connection this evening and it every thing was ok.I tried to to join some server with the connection of my brother but the result was the same .I went to my friend and tried to join some server but sadly the result is the same:mad:
    The strange thing that this issues begins after 20.00 on clock and finish about half hour after midnight!I tried to join some server at 1.00 after midnight and i could do it without any problem!
    Tomorrow i will rinstall some game like Race 07 or GTR2 and will try to join some server of GTR2 and will make the same with GT5!

10. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I dont see how that will prove anything if those games run off different ports??

Did you take your PC to your friends or just use his PC?

Does your friend have the same ISP? Routers?

Kind of interesting this one. Will follow it to see what happens.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes,we have the same ISP!
    I tried to create my own server and every thing was ok...I will make more test and investigation this evening!

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

13. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ok...well I am going to go to the most obvious cause, just because it usually seems to work that way.

Check with your ISP if they have enabled a PORT BLOCKING system.

This might sound crazy but it happened locally to me and a lot of customers.

The ISP we where using got bought out and as they upgraded I had a lot of remote access customers having their connections fail all at once.

By pure CHANCE I discovered the ISP had setup a Port Blocking service BY DEFAULT. So I had disable this to get it going again.

I am not saying its your problem....but it may be and it might be something you havnt even considered.

14. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

How can I detect a PORT BLOCKING system from my ISP?

I have experienced same problem with servers not responding and lost connections. Before connection is lost ping goes to 1500 or even more. But there are server (~~ISR) which are reachable with good pings always. Strange.

15. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Gaucho...yeh tell me about detecting it...it did my head in. When I discovered it they got an earful. I think their response was.

"Well we didnt tell our customers it was happening because it wasnt going to make a difference to anyone".

"I responded that it did, and would and they where resonsible"....yeh that got me a long way.

Essentially, in my particular case, I stumbled accross it when I logged into the clients account section of their ISP. I went in looking for their details of fixed IP etc to see if anything had changed. Right down the bottom of the list was "port blocking". Curious as I had never seen it, clicked it, and it was "enabled"..that was it, no other information.

Disabled it and everything worked fine again.

I am not saying this is teh case for the OP but it is something that people would not even think of looking for that MIGHT be a possibility.

If your Account page via your ISP has no information, call their tech support line and simply ask "do you have a port blocking system enabled on the ISP end that is independant of my router?"

1 person likes this.
  16. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

ok, thank you for you comprenhensive explanations ! :D

17. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

this happened to me once.
    at a certain time my gaming online capabilities died.
    turned out there was a problem with the exchange.

I can't remember the exact time,about 16:00? but it was the same everyday.
    bang,no gaming online.
    then around 22:00 I could game online.

18. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Good point MystaMagoo...forgot about that one. I have experienced that as well but it was further back in teh day of old when ISDN was all I could get.

But a valid point none the less.

19. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Ill put my hand up as I have additional questions for you, rather than me repeat myself, check my post here- http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6749-rFactor-Crashing-to-spinner?p=89972&highlight=#post89972

If my issue is similar to your issue then I hope we can get a greater response for a resolution!

Did you update your PC with a new motherboard by chance?
    What motherboard do you use?
    Could the problem be related to the motherboard?

As you may have now read my issue, we both have a noodle scratcher!
    I have had to now resign from my own league due to not being able to maintain connection...

I still have no other option, I should have never updated my board!

Cheers...

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok.
    Seems that i resolved my problem, by changing my modem!now i can race online every time of the day but some times when I race online it gives me "lost connection" then goes to windows mode.

Try to change modem to see if you can resolve your issues!