Can't download an open tracks or any content at all.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoFactor, Jul 8, 2013.

1. PhotoFactor

PhotoFactor Registered

As the title reads, I cannot download any content and open or run them after downloaded. Installers run fine, but any free content does not. Only really got this sim for the old GP cars and tracks. As of now, I cannot use them. I am within a trigger pull of pushing the refund button

When I try to open any free download for rfactor2, I get a message saying, "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

cpu meets required specs, Windows 7 64. Cannot open in WinRAR, WinZip, etc.

Any suggestions, I liked the demo, but if I cannot add content, well I will have to forget rfactor2. Loved rfactor1 for years, so I am really bummed about this now.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Instead of trying to open them, you should put the rfcmp files in the Packages folder. Then, you start rF2, hit Manage Mods and look at the list where the content you want to install is located and just click install.

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It would also help to tell us where you are trying to download from, by this I mean the web address, and what you are trying to download. This will help us figure out what the underlying issue might be. If you can't get a good download, nothing you do as far as the game is concerned is going to change anything.

4. PhotoFactor

PhotoFactor Registered

I got it. My cpu was trying to open the download itself after it was completed. I grabbed the downloads from the default download location, and placed them in the packages folder. All is well.

Coming from GPL, GTR series, and rfactor1, my computer would open files and i would just place them where they go. Was stuck in my old ways.

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Official files are like that, but you might have to unzip mods from other sources, then you just do the same to those files.