Buttkicker 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sn0man, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Can you output using one optical lead to a surround amplifier to get 4 channel shakers does anyone know? Or do you have to use analogue leads meaning the amp must have 4 channel inputs (or use 2 stereo amps)

2. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Some day I also must have buttkickers, but i was always thinking to have at least 4 of them, 1 in each corner of my simrig to represent the 4 wheels on simcar. Isn't that a good approach?

3. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I asked them that, and they said they've never tried it. :confused:

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

They don't know..... that's crazy.

Yes Christian that's the way I see it, a shaker per wheel. I was thinking to go further than this and get 4 smaller transducers as well. One on the pedals, one on the shifter, and one under each cheek. May as well have 8 if it can do 8. :D

5. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

It supports 6 channels, so any more than that and the shakers won't all be independent.

6. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

With 2 soundcards dedicated to simvibe can't it do 8? That's the impression I got from their site. Been wrong so many times about so many things though!

7. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

No, you need one sound card for the 4 channels for chassis, and an additional sound card for one channel each of pedals and shifter.

8. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Ah ok cool, thanks for clearing that up.

9. smbrm

smbrm Registered

simvibe and sound through two different outputs?

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering how one actually gets this to work in windows 8.1? How and where do you select where the output goes?

thanks

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Right click on your speaker icon in the task bar (default bottom right) and select "Output device" or something similar (I have it in French). Oh, Canada? In French for me it's: "Peripherique de Lecture". You'll be able to right click on the device to choose for and select "As default" (définir en tant que péripherique par defaut).

11. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I think I need to be clearer with question. I have a sound blaster tactic sigma headset, connected through a USB dongle. The only way I have been able to get the head set to work after installing the Headset software was to disable the on board real tech analog speaker output. The real tech digital is still enabled.

So I assume that one needs to plug the buttkicker into the onboard sound outputs? And then ensure it is enabled. Since the analog is disabled that only leaves the digital output.

Does any of this make any sense?

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Perhaps you needed to disable the onboard card as it was the default output sound system, and then your headset didn't work (as it was number #2)?

I'm pretty sure you can have as much as sound system enabled on your machine without conflicts, just by selecting the default output device using the icon I spoke about. I say this because the buttkicker need the analog output of your onboard card (at least mine work only with analog output, not though digital output).

On my system I have 3 different output system always enabled: the realtek onboard, where the buttkicker amplifier is plugged to analog output, a SoundBalster x'Treme Gamer where my amplifier is plugged through digital and I also have an 5.1 Headset plugged on Analog output (sound quality is far better with the soundblaster versus realtek), and the HDMI TV. I select the sound output through the speaker icon like I said to select the SoundBlaster (when I turn ON my 5.1 Amplifier or use the headset) or the HDMI TV (to have a less powerful stereo sound e.g. at night).

In all cases, Reatek onboard still enabled to manage the Buttkicker amplifier though its analog output.

Edit: in other words: fully ernable your onboard (analog and digital) and select the default output to your headset through the speaker icon and it should work. You'll be able to plug your BKG2 to the analog output of onboard card.

13. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Ok, I will give that a try, as I haven't tried anything with both the butt kicker and the head set plugged in. It may need to recognize that the output device is there before it can set up.

14. NaveenB

NaveenB Registered

Where do you guys even find them. I can't seem to find anyone that has them in stock for USA shipping.

15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I bought mine a year or so ago. Just setting up a new computer.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I spent nearly a year to find it, checking a second hand web site everyday, waiting for somebody to sell one in my country. I was pretty lucky as one appeared 10KM from home and I jumped on it. I had it for 50 Euros as the Amplifier was "capricious" with the + and - volume button going at Max or Min with one short press, and I nearly fix it fully (it still capricious, but that's manageable) in few seconds :p If you don't find one, I suggest to buy a separate amplifier and a compatible bass shaker. You have several threads in this forum and around the web talking about alternate (and often better) solutions, for all kind of price (from lower to really more expensive). I strongly suggest to also acquire the SimVibe software even if expensive (around 80 Euros AFAIK). Without it was OK, managing only bass sound coming from the boomer, with it's heaven, managing computed sinusoidal from telemetry send through analog output. This is night and day.

17. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Bk Gamers are hard to come by as they are only produced in batch runs, and not that frequently. I think they have only done 2 maybe 3? If you really want one they can be had through Amazon.com for $1000+. At that rate it is just as cheap to get the bigger version if you want a buttkicker. You can try smoketronics.com.

Simvibe sounds inviting, but I might want to add output to each corner of my rig, so would need to understand the multiple output setup. Also if you ever plan to go the sim experience motion hardware route, I think sim vibe comes in sim commander, so one may not want to buy duplicate software. Not sure if you can resell simvibe or not? But hey, I am sure we all have redundant hardware/software!

18. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Ok I plugged the bkicker into the Realtek analog audio port- green.

When I test that output I can barely hear it in my headset, but get no vibration. Bkicker is on and intensity increased.

When i test head set, which is default device, I get good sound in the headset.

Hmm, I still must be missing something?

19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I bought a BK 2 and was completely underwhelmed. Its firmly attached to my Human Racing GT Chassis, but I never turn it on. Just felt like a load of old rumble. Didn't find it the least bit immersive. I think SimVibe would probably help this enormously but couldn't be bothered buying another sound card and software only to be underwhelmed again.

Maybe I'll try agin when I move into my new house.

20. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

or you could maybe sell it on ebay ;)