Build 90! Torrent only! Why Why Why!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mac22, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mac22

mac22 Registered

Just wondering why build 90 is released as torrent only?
    Anyone know when a regular link will be released - surely shouldn't be to complicate to set up!

Does anyone know when i normal link will be setup? so i can update my version.

The download section has now been update with a http link! thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

where is the problem with torrent :confused:

its so easy to use :rolleyes:

3. Rich_hard1

Rich_hard1 Registered

Some people prefer not to use torrent engines for their uploads and downloads. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Then why whine about it. Thats only on initial release. ISI even said that there would be a direct link when they got it up.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't understand why people are so strongly opposed to BT. No one can match the speed of a well seeded torrent. I can download rFactor via a torrents faster then I can download stuff from the giants like Microsoft. I don't know about you but I would rather have my updates as fast as possible.

Download uTorrent. It is simple and lightweight.

I wish more people used torrents. Just look at the release of HistorX 1.9. It was impossible to download until torrents started to surface. The more people that download the faster it goes as opposed to just getting slower and slower as more people flood the servers.

1 person likes this.
  6. MJP

MJP Registered

In case you hadn't noticed there's a bit of recession on atm. Hardly surprising there might be less people willing to dip into their own pocket to provide you with a free download.

7. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

I for myself prefer torrent over http/ftp because it's easier, safer and more comfortable once it's set up properly.

But I can understand some people who not use it because torrent may be slow for them because the ports are not open and they don't know how to change that. Some ISPs even throttle the default ports for strange reasons.

8. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Newly registered to post this. LOL

9. Banger

Banger Registered

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

11. DeM

DeM Registered

I am in agreeance , I do not use the torrent and are then waiting for the autoupdater in rfactor2. So back to his originale question, not how or why he does not use the torrent. Should I wait another week for autoupdater ISI ?

12. Vis

Vis Registered

Now they have uploaded it on the official ISI site, as you can see in the download topic.
    However I downloaded it the day after it was released on http://www.race2play.com/sim/show/19#files
    the mirror site where other downloads where available, even if in the download topic it was not linked...

So for future updates take a look on www.race2play.com

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

lol thats like saying someone doesnt like using a browser program to access websites lol, or someone doesnt like opening a movie player program to watch movies, makes no sense at all. Never knew double clicking a file and letting it download was such a big deal to some ppl.

14. osella

osella Registered

How to download rf updates via torrents:
    1)Download uTorrent or similar program. It sohuld associate with torrent files automatically.
    2)Click on update
    3)???
    4)Downloaded.

I personally think the extra step (which you only do once) is worth the extra speed.
    Torrents are the easiest P2P, its even for all people who have no clue about computers, you dont need to change any settings in the program.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

I have to say, I was one of those who was asking for a non-torrent file to download too but it`s only because in the past when I`ve tried torrents I`ve always many problems with them...

Very slow, stop starting, corrupt files when they did download hence I`ve always just used http.

I`m willing to give it another go though so will try the torrent for the next build/update.

Is uTorrent the best out there or are there others that are just as good?

:)

16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I don't use torrent any more either. Did start to at first when ISI started releasing their stuff using it.

The reason I stopped was I spend $70 a month on my internet that gives me 60GB D/L & U/L. I also have a usage monitor that I can watch all the time being in my tool bar. This updates every hour and works on % of the total. After having uTorrent installed and only ISI content available through it for the remainder of the month, I had gotten close to have my net speed shaped after starting with around 70% with a week or so left till it restarted a new month. And it slowed my own D/L's to add to it.

So you can see my first torrent experience was not one I care to repeat.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes, if you are limited by some FUP, then torrent may be a problem. But most people has unlimited amount of data to be transferred

18. osella

osella Registered

Thats not possible - as long as we're talking about files that many people download at once, which is the case for rf updates. It starts withing seconds, and goes at full speed.

It is true though that if you have any kind of limitation of upload, torrents are not good. They also arent very good for anything that has little seeders.

I'd say utorrent is the best, yes.

19. osella

osella Registered

FUPs are really evil, ISPs who have them are not fair because that extra data transfer cost them next to nothing.
    When they have little or no competition, they just abuse their position. No fair ISP should have FUP in 2012 (except mobile phones ofc).

20. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Just used Flashget 3.3 , worked fine and didn't eat up my data allowence