NEED INFO Build 379 Unstable Release Test

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please state simply the issue in the subject (make a new thread for each issue), then provide as much info as possible in the body of the post. Please reply to someone else's thread, adding your info, if you have the same issue.

Please make sure your system is in your forum profile.

Don't be afraid to report things you have seen reported before, thought was fixed, have been told we know about, etc.

Once each build is public, this forum will be cleared out to the archives. (Note that the public build will NOT be 379, public builds are even numbers).

By the time the devs wake up in the morning, you'll probably already be able to tell us if there's a serious issue we didn't know about, and confirmed any still exist we thought fixed.

This is the lite build only, obviously. Want to know about using this, and where to find the unstable build? Read here (scroll down to bottom).

As before, you can mention unstable builds, but use common sense as to whether it is going to confuse the reader outside this forum.

Not for mirroring or redistribution. Public build will not be B379.

=====================================================
    Update 20 (Build 379-unstable, 380-release) Changelog (December 17, 2013):
    =====================================================

GRAPHICS:
    ————————
    Improved usage of particle cloud for engine effects

FEATURES:
    ————————
    Set steering range in main UI based on currently vehicle (assuming option is set) to reduce confusion.
    Switched replay compression to low by default; the PLR file option "Compress Replay" now goes from 0-4 rather than 0-1. This takes less than half the time to write out at the end of a session (which is the source of the delay after long sessions), and typically uses only about 5-10% more space. If the delay is still annoying, consider turning off compression completely.
    Changed the way tire compounds are reported in the results file.

BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
    ————————
    Fixed bug with non-English translations that prevented switching between full screen showroom and standard showroom.
    Fixed the problem where replays would slow down in the middle if they were really long.
    Fixed issue with some "virtual" vehicles not loading the their skin
    Fixed issue where cars in series that don't allow refueling would not fill up their tanks at the beginning of qualifying with enough fuel to run all the allowed qualifying laps.
    Fixed bug with HUDs being broken when playing in a mod with a HUD packaged in it and wanting to use a HUD from a different component.
    Fixed other HUDs not showing up in HUD selection gizmo in cases where you currently have a mod selected with it's own included HUD.
    Fixed issue where loose car skins would not reload when hitting the "reload" button from the tuning page.
    Fixed a crash in Dev Mode from deleting a spinner gizmo & then moving to another page with a spinner.
    Fixed "A.I. cars not in private test day list after creating second test day" bug.
    Fixed bug that prevented latest AI learning mode from working when practice was the only session selected.
    Fixed massive frame rate hit on car selection list page.
    Fixed trackside camera tracking rate which would act jerky in cases of fluctuating framerate.
    minor improvements to AI robustness when dealing with a track with unusual characteristics....(very long space between waypoints)
    Attempted workaround for a problem where people sometimes lose keyboard input due to Windows not sending a message that rF2 has regained focus.
    Fixed loose skin bug where identically named skins belonging to different cars all looked the same.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
    ————————
    Camera editor now always shows FOV info for active camera in upper left.

UI / HUD / Options:
    ————————
    Added cockpit and TV overlay gauge for battery level ("BatteryLevelRange", "BatteryLevelCenter", etc.). Actual modeling of battery dynamics remains unimplemented.
    Replaced UI option sun occlusion with soft particles
    Added soft particles as UI display option
    Now able to get true type fonts from UI as well as shared.
    OSC gizmo APP_BUTTON_REPLAYCHANGECAMERA can now be used to choose different cameras by setting Caption1 to "Driving", "Onboard", "Swingman", "Spectator", or "Tracking".
    improved track list gizmo to better handle locations that are missing track gdbs.

MULTIPLAYER:
    ————————
    Added a new prediction algorithm (on by default, but can be turned off with "New Prediction Algorithm" in multiplayer.ini if needed); this improves collision response in multiplayer.

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

tooooo funny

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

#heretotest :D perfect timing for me. Thanks ISI.

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

"Pit Request" is crashing game for me...any mod

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well, install went fine, clean install as always. Copied my packages from stable rF2 into the unstable build. Did the usual setup and played with the settings.

Everything has actually run fine, and I didn't have any big problems in the multitude of races I've run. Dunno why, but I never seem to run into big problems like I see a few others having.
    FPS still seems good like I found in the previous build. Even with my old rig, at the back of the grid at Loch Drummond I had 30fps with almost all settings at full. Max AA, High shadows, Full track, texture, player car, special effect settings. AI cars were set to medium.

The AI at Estoril with the Howston G6 MK1 is terribly slow though, and the AI settings didn't seem to have an effect. I've raced there a lot with them, and it seems like something has changed there. They would only ever go 3/4 throttle down the straights, but they were still fighting like they were racing flat out. Sometimes it seemed like one of the AI would decide to use all his throttle, and leap ahead exiting a corner, but then it would go back to the same. I will see if they get all weird on other tracks tomorrow.
    Didn't get the refueling bug with the Howston AI though, where they would pit after a few laps. But I think I remember reading something somewhere about that being tweaked.

In all my driving though, I've found a few odd bugs. Probably not related to the build at all, but I can't find any other forum for bugs anymore. I'll post them here. And ontop of that, I bet pretty much all of them have been spotted before. I know I've reported a couple before. Don't care though, I've got time on ma hands XD

Glitch with the Corvette, big chunk missing from the air dam.

[​IMG]

Driver air intakes for the Corvette seem a bit weird. They look like they are made of metal from the outside, but from the inside, you can't see them. Also, the air tube that is to the left of the driver seems to just float. Not sure if it is meant to be connected to the actual intake nozzle bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found floating markers at Loch Drummond. I spotted this marker while lapping with AI. It was floating, and it just slowly went higher and higher, like it was in some kind of slo-mo physics mode.
    Was able to repeat it once, couldn't after that though, they behaved as normal. Dunno.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was testing the smoke and if it would still slow down the FPS really badly, which thankfully it didn't.
    But I saw some odd spots in the smoke coming off the radiator as I had overheated while farting round in the grass.

The bits you can see are the AI cars going past, and the bigger one in the back I found to be a fire truck.

[​IMG]

Which turned out to be a hole in the driver suit. Not sure if it's meant to be a nametag or something.

[​IMG]

Arms straight ahead
    [​IMG]

Arms turned right
    [​IMG]

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Found it in the Eve F3 too, which I'm picking its on all the historic drivers

[​IMG]

Also found he had a carbon fibre neckroll too...which seemed a bit weird. Not sure if it is actually meant to be there or what. His neck is also really badly aligned onto his torso. You can see the whole front of it just seems to hang off from where the neckroll is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to the smoke, This is where I found it was the fire truck having some problems. This also carried through onto my car reflections, which were set to off. Looked real odd. I guess the static reflections had updated beside the firetruck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eve F3

Weird right hand mirror in the Eve F3, clipping through the screen.

[​IMG]

Gaps where the halfshafts connect to the wheels, seen on all F3 models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Texture for the wheel on the reverse side of the wheel, flipped texture, writing in reverse.

[​IMG]

Gap in the rims that you can see through

[​IMG]

Some kind of tie rod mount that seems too bright? It didn't seem to get any shadow and looked mostly the same whichever way I was facing the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny background texturing at Monte Carlo. It would move depending on where the cam was as you can see. Probably wouldn't bother you driving, but replay cams might pick it up, dunno really.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Doesn't crash for me, tried all the ISI content.

9. 88mphTim

Any info on what plugins you have? Perhaps whether they use car data? Anything unusual about your install at all?

10. 88mphTim

Thanks so far guys

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Mini... the vette bug (the big missing chunk) has been around for a while but as was said, it doesn`t hurt to mention again. :)

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Still looks a little dark to me sg (sunglasses) but that could be down to the TOD?

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Started at 6.30am in those screens so was sometime before 7am.

15. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Better feeling with ffb in wheel and pedals...more direct controls and good balanced weight from car in curve.

[​IMG]

Light transitions are amazing and natural, only at night a bit go and return effect is still remaining.

[​IMG]

At rain with full effect and night race increased ligth to road with hdr on and fxa inclused, a few cloud pixeled spray when oponnents are a few long.

[​IMG]

Sweet fx on, without AA, hdr on, fxa on

Graphic card Ati Amd 7870 OC 5872x1080

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

no mate...total vanilla for testing purposes..."pit request" assigned to bottom right button of a G27...

17. 88mphTim

Interesting, thanks. Are you using Logitechs software at all?

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hrm.. Battery indicators.. Any electric vehicles coming up?

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yep.. ill get a mate to try it on his and see what happens...wont be till tonight though when he gets home from work (12ish hours from now)

20. 88mphTim