Build 300 SLI - Nvidia Surround Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, Sep 10, 2013.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Magus! Yeah :D Magic! Your tip have doubled my fps :) Thanks ! !

Only very short Feedback have to go now will test and post more later but I've done Step 1 from your post and got 60 fps.
    Step 2 I do not fully understand at the moment what you mean with set up above ?
    I got 55 - 60 fps with settings from Step 1 without SLI Comp. bit set to 0 and hdr on.
    Conclusion VSync to Video is very important.
    GPU utilization is much better :)
    View attachment 9887
    View attachment 9888

alex

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Well done guys I'm very glad theres some advances here, now its time to push the graphics, sparsegrid supersampling and everything to max, lets see what it can do.

4. Magus

Magus Registered

Just to add to my findings:

With the rf2 Sli Compatibility Bits 0x02402005 (default for GeForce drivers 326.80 (& prior)) I get around 30-42 fps around Mores with HDR ON (NO AI)

With the rf2 Sli Profile deleted from NVI I get a steady 60fps around Mores with HDR ON (NO AI)

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Hi Alex,

Glad to hear you have some improvements & a stable 60fps makes all the difference when playing.

With regards to point 2, I meant:

View attachment 9906

(a) Use the export function on NVI to copy and save the rf2 profile to a file on your PC somewhere (if you don't do this, you will delete the profile and won't be able to get it back unless you reinstall you GeForce drivers).
    (b) With the rf2 profile highlighted in the 'Profiles' bar, press the delete profile button, a confirmation will ask you if you are sure.
    (c) with the in & out game graphical configuration same as (above) point 1 (in previous post) test the fps and MSI Afterburner data.
    (d) If you want to reinstate the rf2 profile, just import it from the location you saved it in.

EDIT: When you delete your rf2 NVI profile you will need to set you VSYNC to Video in Configuration option within (or out of) game.

When I use NVI VYSYNC, I turn it OFF in configuration but Force ON in NVI. At the moment I am doing all my testing with either NVI profile default or NVI profile deleted & NOT with sli compatibility bit at 0x00000000, so therefore not using any of the NVI variables.

EDIT 2: I see you decided to enable FXAA, generally FXAA just blurs the image to smooth out the jaggies.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  6. Magus

Magus Registered

With Multiviews current state and Sli with multiview not being optimised neither by drivers nor the game it makes any level of SGSAA testing a pointless venture. I'm not sure guys with a couple of titans would be able to get get a steady 60fps with SGSAA in Sli/Multi right now. In previous builds I was able to get a better image by using 4x Multisampling (or even 2x Multisampling) with 2x Supersampling (or Supersampling), but HDR needed to be OFF. I really like the effects of HDR and my personal aim has been to find settings where I can utilise it (even if it is on a limited number of tracks) so I have reverted back to using the games own AA settings.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I can confirm this if the SLI compatib. bit is set it drops the fps down.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Magus copy that thx now I understand what you mean :)
    Have turned it on because I had the feeling the screenshot looks better. But it drops the fps. So on gfx heavy tracks where I must pull out the last fps of my engine I turn it off. Maybe I will do some additional tests today but due the bad performance I got in the last days after rebuilding my hardware first I prefer to drive some laps and the one or other race with my new settings because I have not done this for over a week :p

If I find anything that improve my gfx performance I will post it here.
    It would be nice if you can do the same and or take a look to this thread from time to time to see if something happend.

I realy enjoy the community teamwork many thanks for the given (and any future) feedback.

On afternoon I'm online maybe we see us. My ingame name is the same as the forum name.

alex

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

9. otta56

otta56 Registered

Nvidia 327.23 Driver Update

The latest Nvidia driver (327.23) does not appear to improve multi-gpu, multiview performance for build 300.

Using HDR results in a drastic performance drop from a steady 60 fps at 32xS no HDR to 14 fps (@ 32xS) with HDR as per the graphs below:

View attachment 10022 View attachment 10023

The current graphics performance sweet spot for the 3x Titan setup I use appears to be 32xS as it will provide a steady 60 fps @ 8020x1440 with all options at maximum except for reflections being turned off and no stuttering. However, aliasing is still clearly visible on lines in the road surface. Video card memory use at 32xS exceeds 3 GB.
    Using graphics settings of 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA will eliminate aliasing but with stuttering on all corners and 50 - 60 fps. HDR will lower framerates to 14 fps. Video card memory use is about 2.3 GB @ 4xSGSSAA.

GPU use and fps are very low with HDR enabled indicating no code optimizations for multi gpu use have been made either by ISI or Nvidia.