Build 240 SLI Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, Jun 29, 2013.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

8040x1440, 3 x Titan SLI, Nvidia 320.49 driver.

With multiview, HDR, windowed mode, all options at max 3 card sli performance remains unchanged over build 228 in terms of fps. All tracks tested range between 20 -27 fps. Stuttering is much improved however with frametimes steady in a very narrow range on all tracks including Portugal and Mills. Performance graphs for various tracks attached.

One interesting item of note, all tracks use over 3 GB memory at max detail so 4GB cards may be a necessity for 27 inch and above triple screen configurations.

View attachment 8449 View attachment 8450 View attachment 8451

View attachment 8452 View attachment 8453

Bloom effects are still evident in the new build with halos on most sunlit objects on all tracks. This remains unchanged from build 228.

View attachment 8455 View attachment 8454

The new tracks all seem to have some sections of the AIW where cars hit curbs and flip or crash. An example from Monte Carlo is attached. It is always in the same spot.

View attachment 8456

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Build 240 SLI Performance

Hey thanks, this gave me idea.. I'm gonna take a look at my cards memory usage tomorrow. I've seen it use 2,2 gb but i think that was malaysia and old spa. I'm getting crazy stuttering at Silverstone but nowhere else so maybe i'm running out of vram?! Well that's crazy but not impossible.

7960x1080 resolution and settings on medium/high, level 1 aa, env.reflections off and road reflections low. I shouldnt run out of memory but if track is very badly optimized maybe its possible

What fps do you get with single titan?!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I too would like to know what you get with a single card.

4. otta56

otta56 Registered

From a previous post:

"The following results were obtained using one Titan video card. All settings were at maximum including multiview, hdr and reflections.

Conclusions:

1. A single Titan is enough to run rF2 v. 198 with the most current Nvidia driver (314.22) at maximum settings in 2D surround triple screen (2560x1440x3).

2. Any additional cards result in negative scaling with increased stuttering at this time.

3. rF2 is completely unoptimized for any form of SLI at this point in time.

Results:

rF2 @ Level 6 ( Nvidia 8xQ?), Multiview, HDR, Windowed mode, 8030x1440 resolution, all settings at max.

HDR FPS Avg FPS
    Brianza 37 - 55 44-46
    Portugal 49 - 61 52-54
    Mills 1.2 44 - 55 50-52

rF2 @ Level 8 (Nvidia 32xCSAA?), Multiview, HDR, Windowed mode, 8030x1440 resolution, all settings at max.

HDR FPS Avg FPS
    Brianza 35 - 56 42 - 44
    Portugal 42 - 53 46 - 47
    Mills 1.2 39 - 57 44 - 45

Assetto Corsa shows the same behavior with an average frame rate of 60fps on a single Titan versus 55 fps in sli mode. Stuttering is more obvious as well.

Titan temperatures are lower with a single card than with sli in all tests. Maximum temperature was 69 C with maximum boost of 1045 MHz and GPU utilization of 99% for both rF2 and Assetto Corsa."

The thread is here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11769-Titan-Tri-SLI-Performance-Data/page2

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

How much vram do those titans have? With your screen res you have to be using quite a bit of it.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Surprise surprise

Have had a few sli setups
    Will never go back as more trouble than their worth for users/software dev's

Using a single water cooled over clocked titan, higher fps with x2 titans may be higher -but performance in my experience would be lower (smoothness / fluid etc )

Best turn your other card off
    & your res down

Good luck

7. Magus

Magus Registered

I've got a question hanging over my head with regards to Sli, my cards maximum usage is between 60-75% (as shown on MSI Afterburner). I know my CPU isn't bottlenecking it (i7-3930K @ 4.2GHz), so by 4GB GTX680's are not able to run at capacity & therefore I need to turn down reflections to low if I am hot lapping to maintain a steady 60fps or if I wish to race, I have to go further & turn down detail to High, Shadow to High to then get between 50-60fps with 18 AI (all on the Silverstone).

In Nvidia Inspector I am using the Sli profile 0x82482005 with VSync SmmothAFR ON, VSync Tear control on STANDARD & FORCED ON. in game VSYN is OFF, AA @ LEVEL 8, HDR ON, FXAA ON, gaming at 1920x1200.

Geforce Drivers are 320.18 WHQL

EDIT: on a single card I get 99% usage & better performance with all settings at MAX incl. ENV REFL, no AI = 52-60fps, drops 52-57 at grand stand and past 1st 5 corners then its steady 60fps.

EDIT 2: Found my answer -
    Thread HERE

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Please tell is what your job is. 3 x Titans!!!

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Thanks Otta56, sheesh, so many threads on performance! Do you recall how smooth it played with one card?

With my one card system I can be running at a steady 70ish FPS and still see it stutter at times. Yet Afterburner, at a 100ms polling rate (fastest setting), shows no noticeable dip at these moments. Seems like 100ms is too long of an averaging window to catch the variances in FPS that cause the stuttering.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Mad..........................

lol :)

11. otta56

otta56 Registered

The tracks stutter even with a single card. This is down to the programming done by ISI on the tracks, cars and rf2 executable. Nvidia will have to provide an updated profile for sli implementations based on the gold release of the executable to improve sli performance.

Stuttering only shows up in the 16 - 90 millisecond range. I would suggest using the EVGA PrecisionX tool with the RivaTuner server to produce the charts in right measurement range. It can be downloaded from guru3d.com.

60 fps corresponds to about 16 ms per frame. If the inter-frame spacing varies by multiples of this stuttering will be very noticeable. Inter-frame spacing is not solely dependent on using crossfire or sli technology. Inter-frame latencies can be caused by game coding and that is the responsibility of the developer to tune.

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Enable 'frametime' monitoring in AB, also keep an eye out for spiking towards the right-hand side of the graphics/physics histogram in game (CTRL+C by default).

13. Flex

Flex Registered

Nice tips,thx for sharing,works fine with 660 sli :) I prefer to adjust AA in nvidia inspector and set 4x multisampling/2x sparse grid supersampling for better compromise.

14. Driv45Gordon

Driv45Gordon Registered

I haven't played this for about 6 months now. I just downloaded the 240 build and did a new install. Very disappointed to see the stutter still here. I have 2 evga 680 sc. Does seem to be less but still there enough to make it unplayable for me. I guess I'll wait another 6 months. Why are they having such an issue fixing this? Or are they just putting it on the back burner for other stuff? It seems to happen at the same spots on the track every lap and almost always coming into the corner.