Boring but incredibly fast. NOT FOR ME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Holy crap. I was in an online race with Lolas and someone asked for a setup and someone gave them a setup and I checked it out just out of curiosity and I couldn't believe how much faster I could be without practicing at all or even trying.

What a joke!

Doesn't anyone even give a **** about driving?

The driving was so dumbed down I could have driven the car faster with a keyboard than the default setup with my wheel.

**** that!

Is there anyone out there who is actually looking for a challenge? I guess this goes back to the problem of why pussies don't drive 60s F1s because you have to ****ing drive them.

**** this ****. I'm staying offline against AI at least that way it's fair.

The only thing I can think of that would make online worth a **** is if fixed setups were used but then pussies would want fixed setup to be pussy setup so **** that.

It's the same as Osella said once I think that people are pussies (paraphrasing) and don't want to drive anything difficult like 37 gp mod.

If anyone out there is not a pussy let me know and i'll setup a server with default setup.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

so because you suck at making setups its unfair and BS....lolol funny stuff :rolleyes:

seems you need to start thinking its a racing simulator not a driving simulator :cool:

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Setup or not setup,fast drivers will be always faster than slow drivers!
    I don't understand why you insist in this point!in the real life races,setups are very important and the ability of making a good setups in is a peculiarity of the all-time great drivers!

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Uhhh...I really dont want to sound like a prick, and I know by saying that, I will be seen as a prick anyway...but hey.

In the 2 Lola servers I've been in, I have been the quickest, while using what is basically the default setup. Wings, gears, radiator and fuel is all I have changed at Monza, and for Croft it was wings and brakes. Going around Croft for the first time last night, I was set to get an even quicker laptime (i.e. already ahead from the other players by 0.2s, and finding another 0.4 in the first sector alone) except I kept getting balked by guys on their outlaps, ones pulling back onto the race line after going off, pieces of their wrecked cars smashing my car up, etc. Oh yeah. And a sudden blast of fog, that lasted all of 10 seconds....>.>
    All part of racing with others, but after spending 80% of the qualifying dodging and being hit by others, it tends to grate.

I agree about the 60's F1, I find them fine to drive around Monaco, while it seems most people wont touch anything hairier than an F2. It's always the case of watching someone join the server, head out on track, and pile into the first corner and wreck, back to the pits, rinse, repeat. Seems people need to worry less about setup, and believing that it holds all the secrets to a quick time, and just get out and drive. I had never seen Croft before last night, yet I managed to somewhat figure the lines out in the hour I had, and got some decent laps in. The car was very twitchy for me, yes. I just got used to that, and then I changed the phrase twitchy to "responsive to input...". And it was actually good, as if I was starting to push wide, I could rely on the fact that the Lola was taily, and then square off the corner and get good drive.

Granted, people want to have fun playing a game/sim, so if they just cannot get to grips with an old F1, thats there choice and it makes sense.

Quick, set up a server Kknorpp! Lets have some fun XD

1 person likes this.
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Seems people dislike the 'rant' nature of the first post enough to report it. It's probably a genuine discussion point though, so if the OP wants to re-post having toned it down, I'd welcome it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.