.bik videos/"animations" disabled?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by ethone, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

I can't get the tv screens I had in rF1 to work in rF2 - are .bik files not being played in the current version of the beta?

In any case there seems to be something really wrong at my end. I can't get the tv screens to use a frame buffer material either, and I see that mianiak has got that bit working just fine for Sears Point.

Here are the settings from my attempt at the frame buffer material (T1, Source/Dest: One/Zero, fuji.dds is a full black 4x4 pixel dds): View attachment 1329

I've tried any combination of Frame Buffer, Render Target and Animation file. I couldn't find a single one that worked.

Help?

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Here is mine, see if it works for you.

Attached Files:

3. ethone

ethone Registered

Now I'm even more confused than before. I set up my old material the same way yours is. Chose your T1 mult T2 shader instead of my T1 shader. Didn't work. I created a new material and set it up the same way as yours to see if there were some inherited issues. Didn't help. I checked the Instance tab but couldn't see any difference.
    So everything is set up like it should but it still doesn't work?

My graphical settings:
    View attachment 1331

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Yeah, something is not working right there. I shall report it.

5. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

You didn't check "Animation File" at "Animation Source" ;) check it and be happy with bik videos :D

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Yeah sorry, but that didn't help. The settings I posted were from when I tried the framebuffer material, which doesn't work either.

I wish I could just check that box and be happy with my bik video, which worked just fine in rF1... :(