Bezel compensation ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by speed1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would like to see the possibility to calculate pixels according to the frame width, and the possibility to enter this exact correction in the gfx driver or sim.

Is there any possibilty to do this ? I do not understand why this is not a standard option of the gfx driver.

Howsever, I do not know if the logic is correct but i calculated it experimentally myself, may not be the exact pixel but for the first and to test it should be enough.

The result of mine with the triples are ~5882,1875 to the current subjective adjustment of 5910

So it looks like i'm not that far off with my experimental calculation.

Now how to enter this resolution in to the AMD drivers ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is a standard option with the nVidia control panel. Has a nice wizard to create it visually.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice to know as a AMD user. :p

4. Miro

Miro Registered

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Of course but where to enter a resolution of choice ? That process only supports subjective settings and no mathematical inputs, like the exact frame width.

6. Quartza

Quartza Registered

Speed, follow the guide thats shown in the picture posted. It will create the resolution for you, its very simple.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sorry i was in editing mode and was distracted. :) I did that for multible times but that is just a subjective adjustment. I like to put in the exact values.

It seems there is no possibility for entering any numbers and that wouldn't be a big deal if it was possible to enter the calculated resolution anywhere.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When using nVidias bezel correction, you lose about a cm or two on each side. This affects some off the parameters such as fps(where you only see the two first numbers), performance and any other apps you may have showing on the other edges. IRacing has settings for triple screens(angles, bezel, rendering of screen and so on) and I hope rFactor2 is going to get similar UI also.

9. 88mphTim

I know.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

I have searched through the web but it actually seems to be a lack of the AMD driver in my case. The only way to do this is to edit the EDID of the screens and to generate a monitor driver.ini, but it is somewaht a mess and it would be hardware scaling, which i read wouldn't be that good as software scaling.

It looks like i need ISI to give me some more freedom with the triples. :)

11. 88mphTim

The wizard in the CCC does it. You can see it on Mrslrfsl screengrab.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

No it doesn't do what i'm looking for, no custom resolution possible, can't enter any numbers anywhere, as for example the exact bezel width to let the driver now what is to compensate, only by sense of proportion, only subjective adjustment, result more or less accurat. Very unprofessionell from AMD imho. :)

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedi...eyefinity-multi-display-technology/index.html

To highlight the most worst feature for multidisplay user. Look what they wrote:

"Within the Adjust Bezel Compensation menu, you can adjust the way the bezels between your screens work - removing the pixels or adding them, depending on your setup. Play around with this until you get it right, or leave it alone."

View attachment 14279

Another side effect - in sim partly overlay of hud elements or the overall image, as you already know. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  13. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I have an Nvidia card so had to Google the AMD way of doing things. Seems like a very similar setup. The difference I saw is that in Nvidia you change an actual number as you try to line the image up across screens. So I have a 1920 pixel screen width, I add 60 per side (that's where it looks best to me) and wind up with 5880. If AMD doesn't show that adjustment number I could see that being your complaint. However even in AMD it gives you your final resolution, correct? So, tho it seems a little more of a pain, messing with it you should be able to achieve your 5882 width that your looking for (eventually).

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

I've even tried to optimize the overarching triangular with a sheet of paper which I have held over the frame to match it up but that is still only subjective, even it is the most accurate way in this case. :)

It is not absolutely bad and as you can see in my experimental calculation it is only a few pixels inaccurate. Of course I could test until it is more accurate but please........ that is so incomprehensible unprofessionell for such a great gfx manufacturer that i have no words for. :)

I still have high hopes, since the last beta drivers there are few more options for mutlidisplay user, such as the possibility to use different monitor sizes but the very basic feature i'm looking for isn't available.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

You can use SoftTH. On nVidia cards (higher 6xx and 7xx series at least) it takes only a few % of performance.
    It gives much more freedom in screen alignment.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

That sounds good, i'll try that thank you. ;)

edit: looks like a dead horse, no updates from the developer of softth and no clean download links available, allmost all dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  17. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

You know - but is someone going to fix that? All that is needed is some UI scaling options (example 80% zoom) - or just move things away from the edge of the screen.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

There is a direct link to the package on his forum.
    And SoftTH works, so where's the problem?

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Q: Any plans to have proper support for Triplescreen? (angle, distance, bezel etc…)
    A: Yes. I (Joe) am currently working on a complete setup for triple screen including arbitrary angles between screens, bezel correction, and proper FOV based on distance to screens.

This was from a year ago. Maybe these options will be shipped with the new UI, that could be a reason for the delay.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hmm...the download link didn't worked for me and i couldn't find an alternative and it looked to me as if it was out of date because of that. Howsoever I now have the best possible setting with the AMD driver in use and stay with that until ISI has any surprise for me. :) Maybe the AMD drivers will offer some more features in the future as well.