Better upgrade for Rfactor2, cpu or gpu

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by savedByYehoshua, Sep 30, 2013.

1. savedByYehoshua

savedByYehoshua Registered

Hello,

I am new to rfactor,rfactor2. Running a build PC about 3-4 years old mainly for flight sim cockpit that I now have a a dual cockpit left seat for racing and right seat for flying. Asus Pq5 turbo mb with Intel Core Duo E8600 wolfdale oc'd to 4.00 ghz. Egva GTX 260 896GB.

I have rfactor 2 running in 1600x1200 at AA level 2 using overhead projector (if i go over level 2 at this res with 30 cars on track I get slideshow at some points on a track).

Upgrading CPU on motherboard not an option as it is maxed out for the socket type. So I am thinking of upgrading GPU to: EVGAGeForce GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 card for about $220 U.S.

Any opinions as to if I can increase AA and get better texture quality? Or is that GPU overkill for my setup?

Thanks,

Peter

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

If you run only one monitor or one projector, even on full HD(1920*1080p) I think that you will be fine with that new GPU!
    rF2 is a GPU dependent, so you don't need much CPU to run it!