Best Wheel Combo

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Handsy, May 1, 2012.

?

What is the best wheel and pedal combo?

1. Fanatec CSR Elite

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Thrustmaster T500RS

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. logitech G27

25 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

i love my 500rs i need a ferreri rim, mod first please :D

2. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

i bet he doesn't sale those and its a one off......jealous!

http://harmoniamusic.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-240.html wow

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The best performer, when it worked, was my T500 RS with CSP's. But the CSP's are expensive and poorly made. What I learned from that nightmare is that with Fanatec shoddy products, you will lose as many races because of the equipment not working right as you will win with the lap time advantage that a load cell will give you. I do miss the greater throw of the pedals.

Go with a solid combo and learn to be fast wit it. I'm doing just as well with the T500 pedals as I was with the CSP's and I have yet to have a problem with the pedals. I did have a problem with the downshift double shifting but I've solved that. I do use the brake mod that comes with the set to stiffen the brake pedal and I've increased the throw of the pedals as much as I could.

I had a G25 and I would get a G27 with no reservations because that set was solid and fast. A few tweaks and you are all set.

I would not recommend any Fanatec product, obviously. I have read good things about the new wheel they have- but it just came out and no one has seen how these will last.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

what tweaks you advise for G25?

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Boy, I just can't recommend a G27 for rF2. I had one and loved it right up until I played rF2. It's the rattle thing. That rattle is FFB info that's not getting to your hands properly due to its force deadzone. I got a CSR non-elite and now I can feel the subtleties of minor back-and-forth forces.

6. coops

coops Banned

wait for the ( club sport wheel from fanatec due out in june.. and get the CSP'S from fanatec....thrustmaster th8rs shifter is the way to go. sequential and 7 speed.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ditto even Carrera works in all sims well.