Best Wheel Combo

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Handsy, May 1, 2012.

?

What is the best wheel and pedal combo?

1. Fanatec CSR Elite

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Thrustmaster T500RS

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. logitech G27

25 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Handsy

Handsy Registered

Ok what is the best wheel, pedal and gears for the PC?

2. Spyder

Spyder Registered

You've only listed wheels?!

3. modmate

modmate Registered

4. ROON

ROON Registered

Logitech G25 gets the job done for me, I don't see why you'd need to invest any more money in a wheel. Sure, I'd love a Fanatec CSR Elite when it's released, but not for that price. There's better things to spend my money on.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

logitech is a great all around wheel. Great customer service, very common wheel. Really can't go wrong.

fanatec gt3 rs is great with rF2 but not so great with other sims.

DFGT is a great wheel. I know a few with it and they all love the wheel. Crappy pedals though.

Clubsport pedals from fanatec area great. Extra cost is a set back though if you don't have the extra cash around.

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

The g27 is a great wheel it has a large community that uses it and also many mods can be done to it to achieve that perfect feel... I currently have the AP loadcell with SRH wheel plate Sli-pro and I currently have a 320mm momo wheel on the way ;)

7. modmate

modmate Registered

Well the Topic says the BEST not the best priced Wheel right? A DFGT and a G25 are not in that range , even with those fantastic available mods for it. ( Got myself both before the T500RS).
    The Clubsports pedals though are better then the T500 ones but with the upccoming mod it will be unbeatable.
    When it comes to Accuracy and performance the T500 is the most realistic and best to go under 1000$.
    The next Pro is the available F1 Addon rim and fantastic Shifter wich are both fantastic if you follow some reviews.

If you dont want to spend that much money the G27 is the best to go, but please never play a T500 or you want it ...like i does.;)

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Eagerly awaiting the Fanatec CSW, need one of those badly!!

Unlike others I've had zero problems with either of my Fanatec wheels, very happy with them and the clubsport pedals. Haven't tried a T500, if I could buy the wheel separately from the pedals id probably give it a try. And as for the G27, I tried a friends but after the fanatecs found the FF a bit rough and notchy, I think that comes down to personal preference though.

9. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I have no doubt that the csr elite is the best but its price is disproportionate and not brings pedal. I currently have a t500 and not change it for anything

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, Ill keep my g25 till it is dead

11. modmate

modmate Registered

Beside the pedals and if you are a pure PC simracer the T500 nails the CSR in nearly every way, even if its a bit here and there.
    The only pro for the csr vs. the t500 i`ve read in several reviews is the platform compatibility so if you like to play on your consoles like a 360 go for the csr but everyone else compare these two buy the Thrustmaster.
    Oh and YES, some materials used for the CSR are more High Quality standard, sure, but thats not all like i could test myself while driving a CSR . Its just that tiny bit of Accuracy and feedback wich makes the difference.
    And no im not a sort of Fanboy, thats my first Thrustmaster Wheel , since then i thought its just a Toy company and used modded Logitech series Wheels wich are great for all casual here and there drivers.;)

12. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

modmate, I have not tried the csr elite, but reading your comment I'm happier still to have the t500;):cool:

1 person likes this.
  13. modmate

modmate Registered

And since some may say the CSR got the same FFB effects,,,well here you go:

The pedals though are just a bit better cause of the load cell (t500 mod coming) but for the rest decide you own:

14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

which is the mod. Could you put information?

15. modmate

modmate Registered

My post 32 here:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5347-Best-Wheel-Combo?p=63367&viewfull=1#post63367

Follow the link there. The mod is nearly finished.He works togehter with L.Bodnar.

And a last Vid for those thinkin TM fails on the F1 addon Wheel wich is TRUE cause the dont attach a SLI display but space for it. Do some fairly easy modding to it and you got something verry special:

16. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

17. modmate

modmate Registered

18. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I had to do many tests to feel comfortable with the pedals t500. Currently I have completely to my liking. When the mod goes on sale I will look reviews

19. coops

coops Banned

Logitech will win hands dwn as more users than any other wheel... but not the best by far

20. kingcars

kingcars Registered

What other sims? I haven't found one it doesn't work well with.