Best car mods to use

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pilAUTO, Aug 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I'm going to retest the Lazza/Dazzer cars.

I found them coherent at the physics level, but the FFB was much too low at the usual values.

I will test soon, but I expect to have to set a very high FFB ingame strenght. I will see.

My CSL DD has never been so well adjusted, I am confident of obtaining a good result.
    Besides, I will soon update my thread on the CSL DD.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't place those cars into a 'top mods' list. They simply aren't developed to the same extent as (I presume) other top mods are. Graphically they are closer to complete, but the physics - while not broken and based on correct values - is not yet there. The tyres are S397 placeholders, for example, which is a major factor. They can still be fun (yes, FFB is lower than more modern and bigger cars, and when you're scaling your 25Nm wheel down that can make them feel too weak - just push the mult up) and there are other popular third party mods I'd still place below the Dazzer cars because some mods out there are "wtf?!?", but they aren't top shelf at this point.

pilAUTO likes this.
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Thank you Lazza for your frankness.

In any case at the time I found the physics coherent, and the cars amusing.

So congratulations even if maybe you will improve them.

On the other hand, your opinion interests me, please think about it and as soon as you have good suggestions, let me know (modded cars).

You've obviously been one of the big users of rFactor 2 since almost the beginning, and we can't take away the fact that you know a lot about rFactor 2.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I agree your mod, guys, is there at the top. If we would rise "top mod" bar a bit higher, then I'd say appart some official content cars, there is no other pretendent to the top in whole field of rF2 car mods. IDK what team of modders could do same quality car mod like IR18 or BTCC cars as example, probably only if the team would be actual S397 workers doing it as a hobby after work.

Who cares about FFB magnitude, since it is adjustable. Even official Caterham FFB magnitude is ok.

Doesn't matter when tires aren't all original if they works well, as intended, close like they do/did IRL. I remember back in Assetto Corsa years ago, absolute majority of mods probably did just use Kunos tires, maybe some with slight changes, and everybody liked it, and would dislike if it was otherwise. The only mod that I think broke this was DRM mod, and immediately once logic was being challenged, protests appeared.

It is very difficult to have all unique tire in rF2, I wonder how many modders there have done proper work with ttool AND with real time physics parameters as well. But it isn't necessary. fortunately.

5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Someone, anyone, please drive the Ariel Atom 4 and the Palatov D2. Just do it for me. Set me straight and tell me that they don't feel as good, if not better, than 1st party content.
    Maybe it's just my own personal preferences and so I am bias. I genuinly want other peoples thoughts.

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

(@Slow Motion)

The D2 is very realistic IMO, SMMG (slow motion modding group) is my favorite modder, when they obtain privileged links with brands or teams, with official data and sometimes driver feedback, their mods are of the same level in quality/credibility/realism than S397 cars.

So these are not all the cars they make, but they are the following (I hope I don't forget any) :

1/ F3 and GP3 (in real life and in sim these cars are practically identical, better IMO use the F3 which are newer).

2/ Palatov D4 (high performance AWD version and much less powerful RWD track day version).
    This car has very original properties (very short wheelbase, very light weight, AWD, "excessive" aero...).

3/ Metalmoro MR1.

4/ Palatov D2 (electric, reaches 300 km/h in incredible time, AWD, has a partner with the ex zero).

5/ MX5 Spec Miata: I don't know how much real data they have, but a real driver helped them do it (@David O'Reilly I think sorry if mistake).

redapg and Slow Motion like this.
  7. vava74

vava74 Registered

I fully agree, but with a caveat: some of SMMG's mods are conversions from rFactor 1 whereby they have purposely kept the mod as close as possible to the original, in detriment - in my opinion, at least - of realism.
    This would be the case of the Porsche Carrera Cup 2007 mod, which, notwithstanding being a really good mod, seems to tilt its balance to "fun factor".

8. AKR

AKR Registered