Benchmark utility.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by JuanitoRPM, Apr 14, 2012.

1. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

The configuration of GPU's is a maze. A easy useful benchmark to adjust our systems would be a great help to many.

I am sure that many people stop playing because he can not set the system ok and make the game unplayable.

2. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

I agree, that would very nice to have. I would like to have different aspects to a benchmark though : one that focused on the GPU and one that focused on the CPU at the least. This is because performance can be limited by different aspects of the system depending on how the game is played and it would be nice to be able to test and stress them somewhat independently. For example, think of how the 3Dmark tests are set up. One round will test the CPU, one tests texturing bandwidth, one tests shaders, and so on. Something along these lines would be really cool but it certainly does not have to be that elaborate.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

a simple FPS benchmark would suffice for now, that way we forumites can compare our systems better.

4. ethone

ethone Registered

A simple FPS benchmark you can do yourself with a simple replay.

A more standardized test that allows to directly check at least GPU/CPU/VRAM usage would be much more useful.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah but its not uniform, a simple inbuilt one would be a better way to gather results from the community especially at this stage when the game still needs a lot of optimising it would help ISI too.