[REL] Bayro M Hybrid V8 by Advanced Simulation and UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Jan 6, 2024.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

I am honestly unconcerned about that and I am actually happy that - looking at the site - he uses rFactor 2 for his services.
    My posts were mostly just poking at him to get him to say stuff in a more constructive manner :-D
    As I did not even try the BMW MHV8 yet, I don't question, nor intended to question, per se, if he is right or not, I just don't understand exactly what he meant and the way he made the approach: personally, if he is technically qualified to contribute for the end result being a better mod with his criticism, he should make it clear right off the bat his qualifications AND, moreover, I believe he should do it privately...

As a side commentary, I find it a LOT more serious the fact that the Ferrari and the Porsche share the same physics, as they have completely different configurations...

But at the same time I don't take it hard on Nick, as he regularly updates and improves the end product... and the obvious lack of an Hybrid powertrain that matches the class LMH/LMDh is - I assume - even more complex to try to overcome in the case of the 499P...

Michael Woller and pkelly like this.
  3. Michael Woller

Michael Woller Registered

Hey Guys,

Did I say something wrong? If so, my apgologies here...

I Just want to Help to improve the Model. Not more, not less ...

Also we can discuss in private Chat.

Just contact me

vava74, Corgan and atomed like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

@vava74 If i'm not completely wrong, @Michael Woller is an Engineer and a former Race Driver, so he will know about what he is talking, i would presume. :)

EDIT Just as an Information: i posted this as a "Reply" to THIS Post of you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    vava74, Corgan, VirusGR42 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Imagine how many times someone approach me in DM/comments/discord and asks to do something with the physics of the car. Event if it was tested by the pro drivers before, built by the actual sim centre engineers or experienced modders.

I cannot and I will not change physics by every request or short explanation like “it should be more grippy, believe me I know what I’m talking about”. There should be a technical explanation with provided telemetry data in comparison with the real telemetry data and personal driving experience of driving similar cars.

Without this I cannot initiate the process of changing anything.

Lars, pkelly and Michael Woller like this.
  6. vava74

vava74 Registered

Nor I am qualified to joust with an engineer / former pilot, one-to-one. But as the Simracing Astrologist,
    I think that sometimes stuff starts on the wrong foot, but then settle in nicely... I hope that you can at least engage into a productive discussion and clarify points of view from side to side, even if both sides end up standing their ground...

PS: I, of all people, attempting to take a role as peacemaker is hilarious :-D

davehenrie and Michael Woller like this.
  7. vava74

vava74 Registered

Nor I am qualified to joust with an engineer / former pilot, one-to-one. But as the Simracing Astrologist,
    Yeah, I used our good old friend Google :-D and found out after that message (with a little help by someone)...

redapg likes this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

I have no horse on this race :-D
    I am just a modding patron and professional agitator... just hope that, at least, a friendlier exchange can happen.

Michael Woller likes this.
  9. leseb64

leseb64 Registered

10. Stockers

Stockers Registered

@Nick9320 How does this car's pace compare with the Moyoda, Glick, Ferrari, Porsche & Vanwell for human drivers & AI? Thanks

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024