[REL] Bayro M Hybrid V8 by Advanced Simulation and UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Michael Woller

Michael Woller Registered

@Nick9320 just tried it first time. Nice Job guys but one little thing physicswise. In medium or high speed corners it turns in very well. In slow corners it barely turns in, so you barely can go through small corners with this car, this feels strange to me. How to fix this? Otherwise really nice!

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

Prototypes at slow speeds virtually don't have grip, as they are not being pushed down by the downforce/aero and the mechanical grip from the tyres is not enough.
    This is why GTE cars are normally faster through slower sections than LMDh.
    I am talking out of my ass - as usual :-D - since I did not test the mod yet (bought it day 1 though) but what you described me is actually making me salivate :-D

Also: The Ferrari LMH should drive quite different and if there should be some "grouping", would be LMHs on one side, ie. Ferrari and Toyota (and Isotta... Nick when? :-D) should feel and drive somewhat similar, as they both can have 4WD above a certain speed, with the LMDh on a different grouping, so BMW and Porsche having to feel also somewhat similar due to their strict RWD powertrain.

Michael Woller likes this.
  3. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

anyone experience bug ?

with pitlimiter ?
    at daytona RC S397
    with pit limiter in 1st gear i stay at 60 kmh
    if i shift up
    every gear up speed increase more and more

4. Michael Woller

true... I had the same experience!

5. Michael Woller

agree to some point, but I dont agree to the part with "mechanical grip by the tyres." This is just nonsense :) I`m sorry. A Prototype Car has also lots of mechanical grip in low speed corners, although without Aero, just by the tyres. @Nick9320 So the physics should provide more grip in slow speed corners. Even with soft tyres, soft front axle suspension and a hard front axle Anti Roll Bar its barely possible to turn the car around a slow corner. Its literally driving further straight.

leseb64 and Schumi like this.
  6. elgagon

elgagon Registered

This has been the case since the first version of rF2 and has been mentioned on the forum a few times.
    IIRC this is because at higher gears, at that speed, the engine stalls.

Nick9320 likes this.
  7. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

According to what I saw from our test drivers if I’ll increase the cornering speed in slow corners there would be no need to brake at all :D

The car is fast enough already, it doesn’t need an additional speed in slow corners. Try to tweak the suspension settings for each track you have this effect.

davehenrie and Michael Woller like this.
  8. Michael Woller

Dear @Nick9320,

I just tried again at Daytona with Rubber Preset High. Again, thats crazy. I mean it has literally no grip on the front axle. It's not turning it at all. Pure Understeering. :(:(

Any setup recommendation for Spring, Damper, Anti roll bar to increase the mechanical Grip on the front axle??? Otherwise its almost undriveable for me! Just nice graphics but thats all then...

9. Michael Woller

@Nick9320 any ideas to get more grip at the front axle? This permanent understeering in slow Corners makes this beautiful car undriveable. Feels Like the front tyres arent connected to the road in slow corners.

10. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Can you record your lap to show where are you struggle at?

11. Michael Woller

Im Not at the Sim at the moment.

Just try it yourself. Take the car (Basic Setup) at Daytona Road Course with Rubber Preset: Saturated. Drive some hot laps. You will see immediately how hard it is to steer the car around turn 1 turn 3 turn 5 turn 6. All the tight Corners...

12. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

I tried both BMW and Ferrari & Porsche which shares physics files. At this moment BMW are better on handling than the other two. There's an understeer in slow corners, that's correct, but I don't feel that the car is "undriveable" like you said.

13. Michael Woller

Hmm okay. How can the BMW be better than the other when they share the same physics?

Well, at least you notice the "Understeer" at the BMW. Exactly this untersteer prevents me from getting faster lap times. Its annoying. You turn your steering wheel and the Car is literally driving further straight. :mad: It feels like there is something wrong.

Dont know how to improve the Handling

14. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Why is wrong? Do you know exactly how is real car in slow turns? Hypercars are a very heavy cars with a very stiff suspension and minimum pressures at 190kpa, so probably not easy handling in slow turns. Try to change setup to get some improvement, but you shouldn't change car physics to your like, they try to simulate real car

vava74 likes this.
  15. Michael Woller

Again... I know the real Dallara Prototype car really well (Trust me :)).

Only thing I can say is: this behaviour in slow corners is everything else then real. Its too "understeery!" Setup Change wont help. I ve tried already.

And again ... Also Prototypes have lots of mechanical grip ... Trust me :D:D

So either the author could change something or the car remains like driving on an ice rink :eek:

At least the graphics are really really nice:cool:

16. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I think car is faster than real, so something could be wrong in your side. I can do 1.33 with full fuel on Daytona, so car has grip, understeery but fast. You know real pace was 1.35 on real race. Ok, IMSA BOP is different, tyres are different, no hybrid, different fuel tank. Difficult to compare

17. vava74

vava74 Registered

Do you mind saying which sims you usually use?
    iRacing has notoriously too much grip at low speeds on all high down force cars, precisely because they need to compensate the basic tyre model with absurd levels of downforce.
    A couple of real world drivers classified the Dallara and now the LMDh/GTP as too much on rails.
    Prototypes at low speeds are clumsy and skittish at slow speeds, LMDh cars inherit a bit of that DNA and add to the equation weight and car length punishing the brakes.
    Big, heavy and stiff: I think it makes sense that the will have a tendency to understeer, specially if the tyres start to cook.
    Conceptually, it's a really interesting class which gives with these regulations a more old school drivability to a prototype base.

In a nutshell:

Mass is mass. These are beastly prototypes. There's no downforce, or aero trickery which can make them become light, hence it's a LOT to ask from the tyres to try to extract an equivalent behaviour to LMP2s, ie. they will have different strong points on a given track.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  18. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Had no problem simulating 224 with BMW, 350k in tow nice :)
    Low speed turns were not easy not hard.
    What I like about ISI is the way on last Lemans kerb cars will sometimes rotate and land awkard looks unatural at first.
    However I saw HY do the identical thing in 2024 sessions when they took too big a bite.
    If I was driving other sims over same kerb the cars all just keep on going straight 100% of the time, no dynamics no little changes or bobbles.

OT
    Lemans at night in rF2 just blows the others out of the water.
    You have all sorts of lights then fluro speed signs
    Then flashing boards and waving flags
    The place at night looks simply magic.
    Double the immersion any low speed corner will ever give me.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  19. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Regen would also help car rotate as grip would be more constant right ?

Also leftover from ISIMotor2.0 slow corner behaviour has always been debated.

20. vava74

vava74 Registered

Is this you? https://www.racesim-la.com/ueber-mich/
    If so, with your credentials - ie. you are a professional - I believe it would have been more polite to contact ASMG privately ... :)
    Or at least used a more amenable tone...